The Director, Segment Marketing - Women’s Engagement is responsible for developing and executing comprehensive marketing and communications strategies and tactics to drive consumer engagement with United Way’s flagship Women United® affinity groups. Women United is a global force of nearly 70,000 donors and volunteers in almost 200 communities worldwide, dedicated to creating a world full of opportunity—for everyone. Since 2002, Women United has raised more than $2 Billion to drive United Way’s social impact work in the areas of health, education and financial stability to help build stronger communities across the globe.
The Director is responsible for the effective programming and marketing of Women United. They will cultivate excellent working relationships across the United Way Network. They will provide a first rate “client experience” to local United Ways through the provision of world class marketing/technical assistance and support, capacity building and the development/launch of locally relevant tools, resources and information to equip them to maximize consumer engagement, donor recruitment and retention initiatives. The Director is responsible for the successful execution of the biennial Women United Summit- the organization’s premier women’s leadership conference - and will develop and lead effective content development and engagement strategies to meet key performance objectives.
The Director is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive segment marketing strategy for Women United, including workplace giving, in close collaboration with the Vice President, Marketing & Brand Management (and key internal stakeholders).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Develop and execute comprehensive marketing and communications strategies and tactics to drive awareness of, and engagement with, Women United.
- Cultivate excellent working relationships across the United Way Network, with a variety of diverse stakeholders.
- Provide a first rate “client experience” to local United Ways through the provision of world class marketing/technical assistance and support, capacity building and the development/launch of locally relevant tools, resources and information to equip them to maximize consumer engagement, donor recruitment and retention initiatives.
- Staff and lead the Women United Global Leadership Council (WUGLC), a 50+ member global advisory group of volunteers/Network staff that provides strategic oversight for United Way’s women’s leadership initiatives.
- Broaden United Way’s national/global reputation and thought leadership position in women’s leadership and philanthropy through attendance and presentation at sector conferences, symposia, and other high-profile events.
- Drive local adoption of the global Women United brand.
This position is based at United Way Worldwide's home office in Alexandria, VA.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree (marketing or business administration preferred); Master’s degree (MBA or other business discipline) desired, but not required.
- At least two to three years progressive experience in a similar role, and at least three to five years of experience in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated ability developing and executing comprehensive segment marketing and communications strategies and tactics, with a proven track record of meeting/exceeding Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); experience targeting women’s audiences strongly preferred.
- Strong integrated marketing experience, including digital, mobile and social media; communications experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Significant experience liaising with and managing national-level volunteer leadership.
- Strong project management skills, with a proven track record of consistently delivering projects on time, within budget and with a high level of quality.
- Event and meeting planning and execution experience including conception through post-meeting evaluation (e.g., meeting programming, logistics, day-of-event management, evaluation and budgeting)
- Demonstrated relationship management expertise, preferably in a large decentralized, matrix organization; non-profit experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to work autonomously with a minimal amount of supervision, and to excel in an entrepreneurial, self-starting and fast paced environment.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE:
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.
Approved by the United Way U.S.A. Board of Trustees on March 6, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.