As the Sales Engineer you will be responsible for presenting product offerings and architecture in the best light to prospects and customers, to evoke confidence in the organization’s technology infrastructure, and removing all technical objections in the sales cycle. To accomplish this, as the Sales Engineer you must have a strong desire to leverage your technical and/or sales skills, including the ability to solicit business requirements, develop a technical sales strategy, configure and effectively demonstrate the solutions that address these requirements and provide business value. Looking for candidates with SaaS experience to join a transformational and dynamic team partnered with Salesforce.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Understand the customer need and establish organization’s product as the best solution that addresses that need
- Build and present customized demonstrations
- Present organization’s technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with hardware, software, networking and security stack
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
- Attain quarterly and annual objective assigned by management
- Respond effectively to RFPs
- Work collaboratively between sales, implementation and support
- Convey customer requirements and provide scope of work estimates for technical implementation to implementation team
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales engineering information and application trends.
- Contributes to team and product effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s degree with at least five years of progressive experience in a similar role, and at least three to five years of experience in a leadership role.
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience as a systems/sales/solution engineer for a software company or similar technology
- Knowledge of related applications, relational database, web and cloud technology
- Basic programming experience in HTML and other web-based technologies
- Solid oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve technical problems in varied political environments
- Ability to travel
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.