Responsible for providing strong, innovative and collaborative leadership in developing and maintaining financial resources, including the annual campaign and specific development programs. Serves as the lead staff for several teams, including, but not limited to Campaign and Kick-Off Committees.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs volunteer leadership, cultivation, recruitment, and training, especially in working with the Campaign Committee, Company Coordinators, and the Marketing Team.
- Establishes policies, procedures, direction and strategies of the total Campaign effort.
- Manages the organization and preparation of reports and other material designed to interpret and recommend campaign programs and procedures to volunteers and staff.
- Analyzes markets to identify areas of opportunity and community potential.
- Represents the United Way of Greater Oswego County at various community events and national United Way meetings and as required, speaks on behalf of the United Way of Greater Oswego County.
- Coordinates special events and specific fundraising efforts, which provide United Way of Greater Oswego County with increased visibility in the community.
- Identify, capitalize and execute grant opportunities available to United Way
- Assists with the completion of special assignments and projects as assigned.
- Directs a marketing program which includes market research design and implementation of a short-term and a long-term marketing plan.
- Directs planning and coordination of general and specific communications programs and develops a year-round communications plan.
- Directs the communications strategies for a community-wide fundraising program, including development and implementation of strategies and goals for identifying, soliciting and cultivate long-term relationships with United Way of Greater Oswego County’s stakeholders.
- Identifies new markets and develops strategies for penetrating various fundraising markets.
- Coordinates development of the print material with graphic artist/printer.
- Coordinates special events and specific fundraising efforts which provide United Way of Greater Oswego County with increased visibility in the community.
Qualifications / Requirement:
Experience in fundraising, sales or customer service. Experience working in a non-profit environment. Excellent oral and written communications skills are a must. Background in grant searches and grant writing helpful. Strong time/project management and people skills required. Must have a basic understanding of a personal computer and related application software, such as Word & Microsoft Excel, as well as knowledge of PC networks and related software. College degree preferred.
In addition, all United Way employees are expected to promote teamwork and an atmosphere of cooperation and support.
The statements contained in this position description are intended to describe the general routine and level of work of the position of Director of Resource Development and Marketing. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills required by the position. All United Way employees will be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
Targets of additional position will result in our office ability to increase:
- Community outreach
- Campaign initiatives to address visbility/awareness
- Greater focus on strategy and retention between finance and resource departments
• Additional time during campaign to track donors and discuss donor dollars with the Resource Development Director prior to audit time
• Opportunity to tap eTapestry full potentional to Director position: import pledge sheets, reporting, etc. Including resources/training
- 1 to 2 new community outreach programs implementated in an area of the county or throughout the county that increases awareness of the United Way. Outreach programs can but are not limited to areas of impact that UWGOC focus’ on currently
- With two staff positions in this department, creates greater opportunity to focus on drawing in new companies to participate in workplace campaigns.
- Potentially would like to draw 3 new companies over time in 2018-2019 annual campaign.
- Increased attendance to staff/employee department meetings among current workpalce campaigns.
- Invites to attend meetings to present on annual campaign changes from year to year.
- Looking to grow opportunity to communicate with additonal employees than previous years.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.