Organizational Overview: United Way of Greater Lafayette advances the common good by creating opportunities for a better life for all. Our focus is on Education, Health and Financial Stability – the building blocks for a good quality of life. We recruit people and organizations who bring the passion, expertise, and resources needed to get things done. Through a variety of efforts including an annual workplace fundraising campaign, fund distribution activities, community assessments and cross-sector collaborations UWGL encourages others to give, advocate, volunteer and LIVE UNITED.
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to the mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands their role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
General Position Summary and Major Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, lead, and measure strategically guided plans to sustain and increase revenue through workplace and corporate giving, individual contributions, leadership gifts, and special events.
- Manage and nurture assigned accounts to develop stronger United Way of Greater Lafayette relationships, commitment, and workplace campaign support.
- Maintain consistent Workplace Campaign account contact and creatively explore and introduce additional United Way opportunities, as appropriate (i.e., volunteerism, sponsorships, etc.).
- Along with the CEO, work with Campaign Leadership to executive vision and goals to ensure successful annual campaign.
- Identify, recruit and develop prospects for new business development on a year-round basis.
- Assist key companies to achieve corporate social responsibility, community engagement, and campaign goals.
- Maintain accurate and timely projections of campaign through Andar/Salesforce.
- Track results analyze the progress of annual goals and metrics and make recommendations as needed.
- Develop Employee Campaign Coordinator (ECC) Training and enhance the ECC experience.
- Manage the recruitment, training, and motivation of all volunteers within the fundraising division Campaign Cabinet.
- Recruit key community leaders made up of community members, staff and Board of Directors to serve on Campaign Cabinet and provide leadership, insight, and support.
- Develop strategy and plan around Cabinet’s duties.
- Manage the action steps and results for the Campaign Cabinet. Track revenue generation throughout the year and provide monthly projections against the goal, with a strong emphasis on understanding and accuracy of revenue projections.
Individual Donor Solicitation
- Utilize Salesforce to effectively capture donor information.
- Develop and implement an individual donor engagement plan to recruit, retain and grow donors outside of the workplace campaign along with Director of Marketing and Donor Experience Associate.
- Conduct face-to-face meetings with current individual donors and prospects in order to expand United Way’s influence and revenue.
- Work with CEO to arrange and conduct one-on-one meetings with key individual donors and company leadership.
- Lead volunteers and build strong, mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders that increase revenue and expand opportunities.
- Research, identify, and develop relationships with non-giving accounts and achieve assigned percent of goal for new account development.
- Oversee direct mail strategies and mailings in collaboration with the Marketing Department.
Cross Functional Duties
- Work with Marketing Department on developing marketing messages and campaign materials for effectively communicating the call to action through printed materials, website, media relations, social media, video, workplace campaign material, etc.
- Work with Community Impact to develop sources of revenue for specific products and/or initiatives.
- Work with Finance to assure the accuracy of data base information, pledge recording and processing, and that relevant billing notices are accurate and timely.
- Work with Volunteer Engagement to identify corporate volunteer engagement strategies and opportunities.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among the department and work effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed.
- Lead direct reporting in meeting the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, and goal
- Must possess a college degree.
- A minimum of 3-5 years professional fundraising experience required.
- Demonstrated success in development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources).
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time.
- Experience with fundraising software/CRM, Salesforce preferred.
- Strong verbal communication and the ability to interact at the executive level are other key qualifications.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to fulfill responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with diverse populations; knowledge of guidelines to successfully work in a culturally sensitive environment.
- Experience with community building and working in collaborative partnerships with other organizations, agencies, institutions, and entities.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Salary commensurate with experience
Work Environment/Physical Demands: The physical and mental demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions. While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. This position includes extended viewing of a computer monitor to perform essential job functions. Work schedule may occasionally involve weekends and/or evenings as needed for special events, programs, etc. There are seasonal times where heavy workloads and deadlines may be pressing.
Note: Criminal background check required. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.