Responsible for the development and execution of comprehensive long-rang strategic and annual business plans focused on revenue generation and donor engagement. Manages and directs staff teams responsible for Annual Campaigns and Strategy Development, Individual Donor Engagement and Corporate Relationship Management. Responsible for the leadership of volunteer and staff teams to ensure maximizing fundraising and engagement efforts including the annua campaign, workplace campaigns, leadership gifts, individual donor engagement, affinity group engagement and corporate engagement. Coordinates these efforts along with Marketing and Community Impact Directors.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Serves as the liaison for all revenue generation and donor engagement efforts for United Way of North Central MA.
Serves as a member and leader of Resource Development team and has shared responsibility for the execution of organization’s strategic plan and business plan.
Provides general guidance and direction of the goals, objectives and programs related to the organization.
Guides the development and implementation of the strategic and annual business plans for the development team.
Represent the organization and provide leadership to United Way Network initiatives that enhance the performance of the United Way.
Staff and Volunteer Management / Coordination:
Recruit, manage and directs a staff team of 2 individuals for campaign and strategy and develops relationships with Volunteer Resource Development Team, Campaign Chair and succession team.
Directly supervises the development team including training and on-going in-service learning.
Provides professional leadership to volunteers providing guidance and leadership in revenue generation and donor engagement efforts.
Leads and coordinates the goals, objectives, and work to maximize the organization’s revenue streams. Area include annual campaigns, workplace campaigns, including Leadership gifts, Affinity Groups and New Business Development.
Directs the organization’s efforts to secure support from individual contributors at all levels, including major gifts, foundation support and others.
Directs the efforts to secure corporate support through corporate/foundation giving, sponsorships and grants.
Leads comprehensive customer relationship management efforts for corporations and individuals. Directly manages the program and activities as it relates to donors, potential donors and the corporate community.
Develop and manage the Resource Development Departmental budget. Ensure appropriate financial control and efficient administrative operation.
JOB RELATIONSHIPS WITH:
UWNCM Board of Directors, Donors, Corporate Leaders, General Public and Internal Stakeholders
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.