United Way of Palm Beach County is seeking a Director of Resource Development to successfully lead the annual United Way of Palm Beach County workplace fundraising campaigns of almost $9 million and act as a face of the organization in the community.
- Responsible for building and managing corporate fundraising initiatives of almost $9 million along with oversight of community campaigns for donors up to $1,000. Corporate fundraising initiatives include workplace campaigns, corporate gifts, corporate special events and sponsorships.
- In partnership with Senior VP of Development, contribute innovative ideas and realistic goals to the organization’s comprehensive fundraising strategy for corporate giving.
- Partner internally with UWPBC division heads to lead communications on corporate giving efforts as relationships are multi-dimensional.
- Lead a team of fundraising professionals that is inclusive of, two corporate relationship managers, an AFL-CIO labor liaison, and community campaign coordinator to collectively achieve determined goals for charitable giving. Provide semi annual assessments of performance metrics.
- For 12 weeks during fall season, hire, train and manage 4-5 temporary campaign associates participating in the Loaned Executive program.
- Work closely in partnership with volunteer services and affinity group teams to manage and engage corporate relations for employee engagement opportunities.
- Work closely in partnership with finance and operations for the pledge reconciliation process to help ensure UW is in receipt of full pledge amount.
- Collaborate with marketing to develop content for fundraising needs including year-round menu of giving opportunities and other seasonal corporate engagement materials
- Represent UWPBC at public speaking engagements with local businesses and events
- Analyze past campaign performance and develop work plans that maximize potential for giving
- Provide campaign status updates showing overall campaign progress as well as producing detailed final campaign analysis.
- Support in the cultivation and management of new business opportunities.
- Guide, coach, mentor staff members with problem-solving in navigation of high-level relationships.
- Generate social media content to elevate corporate relations
- Assist, as assigned by management, with the organization’s disaster response efforts
- Perform other duties as opportunities are presented and/or assigned
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Perspective
- Client Focus
- Developing Others
- Strategic Thinking
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, nonprofit management or related field
- Minimum of three years fundraising/sales experience at a leadership/supervisory level
- Experience in building, developing and retaining strong relationships with donors and executive community leaders.
- Experience working in a team environment, facilitating groups, and working with volunteers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint
- Valid driver’s license and insurance
With or without reasonable accommodation, employees in this position must be able to sit and type at a computer terminal for up to 8 hours per day with appropriate breaks and perform tasks that require fine dexterity and repetitive motions using the arms, hands, wrists and fingers.