United Way of Henderson County advances the common good by mobilizing partners and resources to improve the lives of residents in Henderson County, NC.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage $1.8 to $2.0 million annual campaign and generate revenue from workplace accounts,
residential donors, and special events by:
- Developing general campaign plan and timetable, setting campaign goals and projections, and developing strategies for campaign divisions
- Securing sponsorships and assisting Executive Director with applications for grant support
- Managing assigned accounts and providing excellent customer service to industry contacts
- Researching and contacting prospects for new account development
- Recruiting, training, and managing Loaned Executives and Employee Campaign Coordinators
- Identifying and setting up CEO cultivation calls and coordinating outreach with Executive Director
- Providing staff support for Resource Development Committee
- Managing donor database and ensuring account and donor data is accurate and that information is collected, recorded and analyzed in a timely way
- Working with Marketing and Communications Director to develop, order and distribute campaign materials
- Coordinating with Executive and Marketing Directors to plan and implement annual residential campaign with individual donors, including plan for direct mail solicitations
- Working with Marketing and Communications Director to plan and implement campaign events including annual Campaign Kick-Off and Wrap Up Celebrations
- Spearheading the work of the Small Business League Advisory Council in recruiting SBL prospects and planning SBL events
- Speaking at campaign rallies and United Way events
- Working with Executive Director on leadership donor touchpoints and events, as needed
- Cultivate community support for United Way by maintaining contacts with local organizations, businesses and individuals
- Attend key community events and activities to promote United Way and develop and deepen relationships
- Participate in interdisciplinary work assignments with other staff as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field
- Proven record of fund-raising success
- Professional experience working with senior corporate executives preferred
- Ability to comfortably relate to major donors and prospects
- Knowledge of Henderson County preferred
- A drive to learn about new fundraising strategies and best practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage large projects with multiple priorities
- Must be comfortable taking lead roles and accepting leadership
- Must be comfortable speaking one-on-one and before large groups
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new systems and skills as needed
TECHNICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required
- Proficiency in database management. Andar experience preferred, but will train
- Available for some weekend and evening events
- Possess a valid Driver’s License.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
How to Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be received until July 5, 2019. No phone call inquiries will be accepted. United Way of Henderson County is an equal opportunity employer.