Director of Resource Development
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Status: Salary, Exempt
The United Ways serving Linn, Benton & Lincoln Counties advance the common good by creating opportunities for a better life for all. Our focus is on Education, Income and Health – the building blocks for a good quality of life. We recruit people and organizations who bring the passion, expertise and resources needed to get things done. Through a variety of efforts including an annual workplace fundraising campaign, fund distribution activities, community assessments and cross-sector collaborations United Way encourages others to give, advocate, volunteer and LIVE UNITED.
General Position Summary & Major Responsibilities:
Under the guidance of the Chief Executive Officer, this position is responsible for the overall development of resources for the organization and in support of our work. In this role, the Director of Resource Development has four primary areas of focus across a three-county region (Linn, Benton & Lincoln Counties in Oregon):
- The United Way Workplace Campaign – 70%
- Manage relationships with and data of more than 200 Corporations and Organizations that take part in the campaign.
- Represent United Way at workplace presentations and as a guest speaker at various events.
- Recruit and Train Campaign Volunteers within Workplaces.
- Recruit and Train Campaign Cabinet members to advocate on UW’s behalf.
- Interact with Corporate Decision Makers to gain support of campaign efforts.
- Individual Solicitation – 10%
- Recruit new gifts from donors outside of the workplace campaign.
- Retain current donors.
- Win-Back donors that have lapsed.
- Fundraising for Special Projects – 10%
- Act as lead fundraiser for projects that have been identified as important for the organization and community.
- Prospect funders that should be targeted for requests.
- Foundation Relations – 5%
- Provide customer service and communicate with Local and National Foundations.
- Secure funding from these sources via grant writing and specialized outreach.
- Develop New Revenue Streams – 5%
- Identify and research funding opportunities.
- As appropriate pursue these opportunities with permission of the C.E.O.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two years’ experience of successful fundraising / sales and donor / customer relationship management experience.
- Minimum two years’ experience managing sales / fundraising accounts.
- From prior work experience(s), demonstrate the ability to work successfully in a dynamic team environment. Also demonstrate ability to provide excellent customer relations. Demonstrate ability to create positive and productive relationships with volunteers and illustrate examples of detail-oriented project management.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communications skills (i.e. written, verbal)
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Database management and report generation.
- Organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Analyzing financial and statistical data.
- Budgeting and fiscal management.
United Way of Linn County will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
To apply for this position, please email a Cover Letter, Resume and References to:
Chief Executive Officer
United Ways serving Linn, Benton & Lincoln Counties
P.O. Box 905
Albany, OR 97321