Director of Resource Development
United Way of St. Clair County is seeking an energetic team player to create, negotiate and implement comprehensive relationship management strategies with individuals, companies and workplaces within St. Clair County. This position will tailor and execute initiatives and activities to achieve growth, retention, participation, and new revenue goals. She/He will be responsible for creating and executing the short- and long-term account plans for each organization to realize substantial revenue growth. This role will require the candidate to be a leader who has the demonstrated ability to build strong, mutually beneficial relationships.
We are more than fundraisers. We are the game changers. We are the conveners who are bringing together our businesses, our citizens, and our institutions in a way no single organization can do alone. We are leading the fight to bridge gaps and reach our citizens who need help.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Resource Development & Relationship Manager
The Director of Resource Development will work directly with the Executive Director and lead with creative development, design, implementation and evaluation of fundraising strategies for the organization.
Have direct responsibility for building strong, mutually beneficial relationships with corporate partners and individuals within St. Clair County. Work effectively with the Development Team and other departments at United Way to be able to provide appropriate support and value to partners. Leverage relationships to create additional opportunities with other organizations and individuals. The Development Director will be accountable to complete face-to-face meetings with customers and prospects in order to expand United Way influence within each organization. Maintain accurate and detailed donor and account records and to analyze the effectiveness of the plan against delivering objectives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Relationship Management
- Volunteer Recruitment and Development
- Community Leadership
- Campaign Goal Achievement
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Relationship Management:
- Establish and build strong, positive relationships with individuals, companies and employees to cultivate consistent year-round engagement with United Way of St. Clair County through giving, volunteering, advocacy and education.
- Serve as a primary contact for individuals, companies and workplaces regarding the giving of donations, gifts and pledges.
- Identify opportunities and create new partnerships with individuals, workplaces and companies.
- Coordinate collaborative efforts between United Way, individuals and corporations.
- Have a strong pulse on the St. Clair County community and ensure United Way is represented.
- Execute year-round corporate partnership strategies to increase financial support for United Way of St. Clair County.
- Identify opportunities and formulate business development strategies to ensure long-term success.
- Raise and leverage resources.
- Meet growth objectives.
- Assist with generating new leads and business opportunities.
- Volunteer Recruitment and Development:
- Recruit Campaign Cabinet volunteers at all levels.
- Assist with Allocations, engaging panelists to help grow relationships.
- Internal Communications:
- Oversee, maintain and ensure paper and electronic record keeping and document archive systems related to resource development and donor database.
- Provide accurate data and timely reports, weekly projections, sharing of best practices and team support as needed.
- Solicit companies for final reports, assist with reconciliation to ensure accurate campaign reporting.
- Community Leadership:
- Help expand community understanding of and engagement with United Way’s community goals.
- Represent United Way of St. Clair County at select community events.
- Campaign Goal Achievement:
- Work to achieve the campaign goals established by the Executive Director and Campaign Committee.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field; or
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in resource development, fundraising, sales or related area.
- Proficient in public speaking, facilitation, writing and presentation skills, both one-on-one and publicly.
- Skilled at engaging, inspiring and building strong relationships with people.
- Track record of setting and meeting goals and able to meet strict deadlines.
- Creative in approaching problem-solving.
- High degree of professionalism that requires the use of courtesy, tact, and discretion.
- Adapts strategy to changing conditions and communicates changes effectively.
- Strong analytical and summation skills-financial, proposal review, research, evaluation, and planning with the ability to summarize data into common language and develop relevant and compelling reports.
- Demonstrated capability to take a leadership role with non-profit agencies, volunteers, and staff while working with diverse segments of our community.
- Strong organizational proactive planning and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities with ongoing distractions and/or interruptions.
- Strong in Microsoft office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Able to work independently as well as the ability to actively contribute as a team member.
- Must embody personal attributes of honesty and integrity.
- Able to maintain a flexible schedule with late evening meetings.
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information.
Our team of 6 is small, but mighty. We are focused on exceeding expectations, being proactive, having fun, and raising awareness of our United Way everywhere we go. We focus on Community First each and every day and uniting people with resources to build a stronger St. Clair County.
Additional Requirements for Hire:
- Proof and maintenance of a valid driver's license and vehicle insurance.
- Must pass a background check.
$32,000-$41,000 Negotiable depending on experience
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.