Summary: The Director of Resource Development creates strategy and leads execution for all fundraising at United Way of Passaic County. Key areas of responsibility include the Annual Campaign; Donor stewardship; Corporate relations; Volunteer Engagement; and Data management.
The Resource Development function supports United Way of Passaic County's mission to improve the lives of people in Passaic County by mobilizing the caring power of our community. Focusing on increasing outcomes for the community in education, health and financial well-being, United Way offers meaningful opportunities to give and volunteer toward programs that inspire and make a difference.
United Way of Passaic County is located in Paterson, New Jersey's 3rd largest city. Rich in historic significance and cultural diversity, Paterson is a place of pride and opportunity.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Strategy and planning – works with CEO to create annual resource development plan and manage implementation
- Volunteer engagement – develop relationships with volunteer leaders; corporate contacts; and community volunteers. Oversee a calendar of year-round volunteer activities.
- Annual workplace campaign – institute best practices in managing workplace giving;
- Corporate relations – maintain positive relationships with corporate partners; deepen relationships with further engagement opportunities.
- Data management – ensure that donor information is accurately recorded; run reports and analyze trends; ensure donor thanks and recognition take place.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, sales or nonprofit management
- 5+ years demonstrated resource development success in a nonprofit organization
- Volunteer management experience
- Ability to present at a high level and close
- Donor-centric orientation
- Commitment to the mission and goals of United Way of Passaic County