United Way of Central New Mexico’s Director of People, Culture & Diversity provides tactical leadership in the development and implementation of the organization’s human capital practices and policies. She/he understands the role of helping the organization build its capacity to find, motivate and support talent in a high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, collaboration, diversity, inclusiveness, teamwork, and excellence. She/he will internalize the organization’s mission, vision and strategic objectives and will work across divisions and departments to build and manage a best-in-class human resource function known for its commitment to excellence, diversity, and inclusion.
Essential Function 1:
Human Resources Operations
• Stays abreast of best practices, employment legislation, industry trends, and human capital market conditions generally, and diversity and inclusion specifically, and infuses learning into human resource functions.
• Administers, develops, implements and continually strengthens human resource functions, including hiring procedures, personnel policies, file and data maintenance, benefits administration, etc., to advance organizational goals.
• Serves as main contact for all new hire compliance requirements (I9, E-Verify, State level reporting, etc.),
• Coordinates new hire onboarding.
• Provides support, guidance, education, and as appropriate, direction to various levels of management on human resource-related matters.
• In collaboration with key senior team members, develops, implements, evaluates, and improves organization’s goal setting and evaluation practices and procedures.
• In collaboration with key senior team members, develops, implements, evaluates, improves, and communicates guidelines, procedures, and handbook policies.
• Serves as lead in disability, worker’s compensation, unemployment, and other insurance claims, as well as in employment verification requests.
• Stays abreast of and maintains federal and state regulatory compliance for all human resource matters and advises key senior team members as to relevant business impacts and risk.
Essential Function 2:
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Lead
• Implement and monitor programs that promote diversity and equity within the company.
• Responsible for developing training and initiatives to create and foster an open and inclusive environment.
• Translate strategy into a tactical plan with clear actions, accountability, and goals to promote best in class equitable D&I practices.
• Partner with Senior Management to integrate diversity and inclusion into core decisions through recruitment, performance management, leadership development, employee engagement and retention.
• Develop training opportunities to educate employees and managers on how to recognize, accommodate and appreciate individual differences and how these can be bridged back to assist in meeting organizational goals.
• Research and develop metrics for measuring the effectiveness of diversity initiatives implemented and prepare quarterly reports to senior management on the value of the initiatives.
• Oversee external partnerships, memberships, and networking relationships. Responsible for outreach relationships with diversity related organizations.
Essential Function 3:
Employee Lifecycle Management
• Develops, implements, and continually strengthens best practice and inclusive recruitment, orientation, and onboarding processes to source highly diverse and competent candidate pools and to retain a highly talented, engaged and committed team of employees.
• Creates and oversees all general new employee orientation, role-specific onboarding processes and continuously enhances the development and maintenance of the United Way learning systems.
• Develops, implements, and analyzes new employee satisfaction and commitment surveys.
• Recommends data-driven practice adjustments to senior team and management.
• Facilitates development of and evaluates job descriptions to include position classification specifications in line with the approved compensation program.
• Facilitates development and oversees execution of employee development and organizational training plan in coordination with the senior team and supervisors.
• Develop role-specific standards for success at all levels that align to UWCNM's values, mission, and impact goals; assess the skills and talents of our existing staff and develop training, guidance, and professional development strategies to help them aspire to and meet these standards.
• Review and oversee a performance management system that reflects UWCNM's core values, is integrated with competency standards, and supports equitable professional growth and accountability.
Essential Function 4:
Compensation and Benefits Administration
• Manages and administers third-party human resource vendor contracts and relationships.
• In conjunction with CEO and CFO oversees the administration and review of an attractive employee benefits and compensation program within budget parameters.
Essential Function 5:
Human Resources Consultative Resource
• Consultative resource to all employees providing coaching, mediation, professional development recommendations or other appropriate support, as necessary.
• Consultative resource to supervisors regarding personnel matters (development, performance improvement, etc.) to support accomplishment of organizational goals while minimizing organizational risk.
• Responds to and facilitates resolution to employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
• ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
o Insurance – Responsible for assessing insurance needs and working with broker to ensure the timeliness of insurance renewal for general liability, workers compensation, and Directors and Officers insurance.
o Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS [EDUCATION]:
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS [EXPERIENCE]:
Five years of experience in Talent Management, including experience with Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. Excellent communication and presentation skills. Must be able to meet deadlines and be flexible. Requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment high level of organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
Standard PC based office equipment.
Must possess a valid New Mexico driver’s license. Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest!