Director of Partner Engagement - Arizona End of Life Partnership
UNITED WAY OF TUCSON AND SOUTHERN ARIZONA
Full Time, Exempt
Apply for this position at: https://apply.unitedwaytucson.org
The Arizona End of Life Care Partnership (EOLCP) is a network of social service, health care, and business organizations with a shared mission to enhance the way we live by fundamentally changing the way we talk about death and a vision to ensure people in our community receive the care they desire at the end of life.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President of the EOLCP, this is a full-time, exempt position for a motivated individual with a high level of initiative, outstanding relationship building and collaboration; communication, management, organizational, facilitation, and presentation skills.
To advance the goals of the Arizona EOLCP, the Director will engage and empower key grantee and investing partner organizations and individuals via strong relationships, excellent and frequent communication, and support for programs, deliverables, innovation, outreach, and continuous development.
All United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona (UWTSA) programs and strategies work toward eliminating racial, ethnic, and socio-economic disparities for an educated, thriving, and equitable community.
NOTE: THIS IS A GRANT FUNDED POSITION SALARY RANGE - $58,000-$62,000/year
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Builds and maintains outstanding relationships with new and existing grantee and investing partner organizations and all EOLCP stakeholders.
- Stays up to date on specific deliverables for each grantee partner organization and meets regularly with grantee partners to provide support and drive continuous improvement.
- Identifies and creates avenues for community engagement and drives activities to promote connectedness for the Partnership as a whole. Drives results and outcomes for increased stakeholder engagement with autonomy/little supervision.
- Is consistently present, communicative, and visible in the community; stays informed re: relevant work locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Facilitates program development through knowledge of best practices, and identification of partner strengths and opportunities in addition to gaps in community care.
- Ensures engagement of stakeholders for collective impact efforts, grant administration & opportunities, and partner meetings.
- Oversees Action Team engagement and activities, including regular meetings.
- Takes initiative and drives innovative engagement to carry out the Mission, Vision and Values of the Az EOLCP and United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona.
- Assists with volunteer and/or intern recruitment and training and supervises as needed.
- Actively plans and engages in partner networking opportunities and related event planning and implementation, as needed.
- Acts as a community liaison with all funded and funding organizations, providing support, and responding to queries as they emerge. Assumes primary responsibility for outreach and results of outreach efforts.
- Responsible for quarterly reporting of grant deliverables to funders. Meets regularly with grantees, investing partners, and other stakeholders.
- Oversees and monitors grantee budgets, including sub-grantees.
- Compiles grantee partner reports for submission to funder per proposal guidelines.
- Active participation on core EOLCP infrastructure team and UWTSA team as a whole. Collaborates across roles, initiatives, and departments.
- Manages resources in collaboration with EOLCP Team.
- Identifies gaps in key stakeholder engagement, develops strategies, and reaches out to potential new partners in collaboration with core team.
- Composes correspondence, memorandums, and reports as needed.
- Handles sensitive and confidential materials in a professional manner.
- Researches, writes, and contributes to the collaborative development of proposals for grants and other funding opportunities.
- Works with Operations Director to submit grant proposals per project timelines.
- Assists in other United Way initiatives and meetings as needed.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
EDUCATION, JOB KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree preferred. Bachelor’s degree plus minimum of five years of related experience may be substituted.
- Basic knowledge and use of Microsoft tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish rapport with small team and Partnership as a whole.
- A commitment to building healthy, and inclusive communities, internally and externally.
- Commitment and passion to and for the missions of UWTSA and the Az EOLCP.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to creatively approach challenges.
- Drive to succeed as an individual and as a team member.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Models and fosters behavior that establishes an engaged, empowered, and united culture.
- High degree of emotional intelligence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of local community and relationships.
- Strategic, systems change thinker
Must possess a valid driver’s license, current auto insurance, daily access to a reliable vehicle and ability to travel to work in a variety of locations throughout the metropolitan Tucson area and other parts of the state when required.
This position has access to sensitive and confidential information and is trusted to maintain these files and documents properly. These documents include, but are not limited to, financial information, grantee information and other business-related material. Failure to safeguard this information could result in a loss of trust and reputation internally and externally.
Low physical effort required to sit, stand at files, bend, stoop, lift, and walk. Maximum unassisted lift = 30lbs. Requires ability to use a keyboard, monitor and calculator. Also requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in person and on the telephone.
The United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona is an equal opportunity employer. We champion diversity, equity, and inclusion. We take action to ensure equal opportunity and all candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Upon hire and/or prior to starting employment with us, the successful candidate will be required to provide evidence of COVID vaccination or provide proof of eligibility for medical or religious exemption.