United Way of the National Capital Area (United Way NCA) is seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial individual to join Community Impact’s (CI) leadership team and provide guidance for United Way NCA’s grants administration efforts. The Director of Out of School Time (OST) Grants Administration will report to the Vice President of Community Impact and will be responsible for administering OST, Summer, and other related grants activities on behalf of the District of Columbia government. The position is based in United Way NCA’s DC office and is for a term of one (1) year with the possibility of two one-year renewals (based on performance and the availability of funds).
Key Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
- Successfully manage OST, Summer and GIO grant administration
- Develop and administer competitive solicitation for each grant competition, likely two to four competitions per year.
- Develop related documentation associated with a high quality solicitation. This includes (but is not limited to) the:
- Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA)
- Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Notice of Intent to Apply (NOIA)
- Grants Technical Assistance (GTA) webinar
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) development and administration
- Administer the grant review process
- Recruit and train volunteer grant reviewers
- Create a scoring rubric
- Assess and tally of completed scoring rubrics
- Develop of a list of recommended awardees
- Manage communication channels for notification of awards and denials
- Manage the development and execution of grant agreements
- Provide Grant Management of Grantees
- Connect grantees to technical assistance and professional development opportunities
- Review quarterly expenditure certification reports and supporting documentation
- Review quarterly program reports
- Ensure payment requests are made to United Way NCA finance team and supply them with any additional materials/follow-up requested
- Manage the completion of administrative and programmatic site visits
- Provide analysis of grantee adherence to grant agreement Scopes of Work and ensure that grantees are meeting their stated outcomes
- Other such duties as may be required.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in politics and/or policy-making required.
- A minimum of 4 years in a management position and/or leadership role is required.
- Direct supervisory experience required.
- Previous experience dealing with a diverse group of individuals (i.e. corporate, community leaders, government officials, agency leaders, etc.) and ability to present information to and respond to questions from groups ranging from staff to senior level high- profile decision makers.
- Experience with managing a philanthropic grants process.
- Direct experience with the work of local United Ways preferred but not required.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Travel around the metropolitan area for business purposes is required. Must possess a reliable automobile.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position and achieve high performance:
- Mission focused – the ability to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities.
- Relationship oriented –an understanding that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator – understands the role and contribution of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources through meaningful engagement.
- Results driven – dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good, creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies and innovations.
- Brand steward – a steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Please indicate the job title for which you are applying and your salary requirements.
United Way of the National Capital Area
1577 Spring Hill Road, #420, Vienna, VA 22182