Benefits (The Good Stuff)
- Exempt (Salary): 3 WKS+ Vacation Paid*
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 12 PTO Paid Days
- Competitive Health Benefits Package
- Wellness Program Reimbursements up to $50/month
- Long Term Disability at NO COST
- Life Insurance & AD&D 2X Annual Salary at NO COST
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan UP TO 6% Employer Funding
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Free Monthly Transit Card
*Vacation amounts may vary based on roles, schedules, and years of service
Help us make a difference in our community. United, we are tackling complex issues and turning contribution into real change. We fight for the equitable access to quality education, financial security and health of everyone in our community. Join our team and join us in the fight for a stronger Miami!
United Way Miami, Inc. is hiring for an Director, Mission United to join our team. As Director, Mission United is responsible to oversee and manage United Way’s Mission United initiative. Through coordination and collaboration with community partners, this initiative will assist Miami-Dade military veterans as they re-acclimate to civilian life by providing them with case management and directed assistance with employment, education/training, legal and financial services, housing and healthcare access.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement a strategic business plan for the program, including planning, implementation, program sustainment, growth and evaluation.
- Effectively lead Mission United team.
- Oversee day to day operations, activity and performance.
- Manage Advisory Committee and all subcommittees.
- Ensure effective procedures are in place for service delivery and client outreach.
- Ensure that evaluation metrics and protocols are in place to assess the achievement of desired client and initiative outcomes.
- Oversee data collection and management; prepare and deliver program reports.
- Promote Mission United to the Miami-Dade community, local businesses, the social service community and other key groups.
- · Represent Program and United Way at various community meetings, conferences, and committees; attend and participate in UW special events to support fundraising efforts.
- Develop and manage strategic partnerships to enhance the work of Mission United and maximize impact.
- Understand United Way and effectively interact with other areas internally to maximize and leverage opportunities.
- Due to leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly in times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization’s crisis plan and response efforts.
- Responsible for the supervision of subordinate employees which includes training, developing, measuring performance, disciplining and directing tasks. Has authority to hire, transfer, promote, compensate, or terminate subordinate employees or recommend such actions.
Education Requirements: BA/BS required, Master's preferred or 10+ years relevant leadership experience.
Experience Requirements: Minimum of five years experience managing people and projects. Case management background preferred. Knowledge of the needs of the Military/Veterans is essential. Military/veteran experience and experience with local community engagement and project management.
Technology Requirements: Advanced Outlook, intermediate Microsoft Office suite and Andar/SalesForce.
Other Essential Knowledge/Skills: Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Strong customer service skills required. Ability to function in a team environment. Spanish language not a requirement but helpful.
Career growth: We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
UWMD is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace, please visit our Career site homepage to view our EEO statement and Drug-Free policy.