Director of Marketing Communications Operations
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS OPERATIONS
As the Director of Marketing Communications Operations, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing and optimizing operations and delivering key insights for the Marketing & Communications Team. This role will focus on building consistent, coordinated processes across the team that connect strategy and execution to make us more efficient and successful (includes expertise in program, project, resource management and planning). Your experience in marketing communications operations, combined with your strategic mindset, organizational agility, and operational prowess, will be instrumental in helping United Way meet its strategic priorities to drive measurable results.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer, this person will partner with cross-functional teams including global brand marketing, global network communications, PR, social media, digital, events, development and advancement to help drive United Way Worldwide's mission to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities around the world.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
- Serve as chief of staff to the Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer to advance the development and execution of strategic initiatives. Utilize dynamic project management skills to track and deliver critical departmental projects.
- Experience implementing, owning and managing marketing communications efficiency tools and processes including project management and resource management.
- Support the collection and aggregation of the department budget to ensure proper tracking and attribution of campaign dollars.
- Be the subject matter professional on marketing communications technology platforms and work closely with the IT to manage all department technology platforms.
- Manage relationships with external vendors and assigned agencies, ensuring the delivery of high-quality services and solutions.
- Stay current with industry trends and emerging technologies, recommending approaches to enhance department operations.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Must have 10+ years of working experience in marketing with at least 5 of those years being in marketing communications operations, preferably working as Head of Marketing Communications Operations.
- Knowledge of automation and database management concepts and best practices.
- Experience handling budgets and reporting with ability to not only gather the appropriate data, but also glean insight to improve the performance of marketing communications programs.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of marketing communications best practices and multiple channel execution as well as prior proven experience of successful management of large-scale teams and programs, including proficiency in offline channels and programs.
- Self-starter who is able to and eager to learn quickly with a good head for proactive problem solving, while able to adhere to standard operational procedures and deadlines.
- Ability to work in fast pace and high-growth environment with tight deadlines and shifting priorities and be willing to "roll-up your sleeves" to drive organizational change.
- Ability to inspire and move a cross-functional team in a unified direction and with a unified vision.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.
Required degree level
Years of experience
- 5 - 10 years of experience
- $101,000 to $120,000 per year