United Way Southern Vancouver Island (UWSVI) is a leading non-profit working to transform lives on Southern Vancouver Island. As part of our United Way team, you can make your community better while growing professionally in the process.
- Highly collaborative team environment
- Opportunity to improve lives in our community
- Competitive salaries
- Extended Health Care Group Insurance, including medical and dental benefits for you and your family
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Great workspace (downtown Victoria) + possibility of some remote
Nature and Scope
The Director, Marketing and Communications (DMC) is responsible for the development and implementation of strategic communications and marketing plans and initiatives that position United Way Southern Vancouver Island (UWSVI) as a key leader and influencer in the social services sector. This position is responsible for the management of the UWSVI brand and all public messaging and communications. As a member of the leadership team the DMC plays a key role in strategic visioning, planning and implementation of the organization’s mandate.
- Tell the United Way story through communications and marketing to enhance our profile, increase donor touchpoints, and deepen donor connections with UWSVI.
- Grow our digital and social media presence and increase levels of engagement.
- Create unforgettable UWSVI branded, fundraising campaigns and events.
- Enhance our relationships with media as a partner in community building
- Develop and deliver on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Develops and manages a marketing and communications strategy including products, campaigns and digital opportunities to maximize UWSVI’s fundraising efforts from cultivation and solicitation to stewardship
- Manages the organization’s website and utilization of social media and digital media
- Advises and oversees the development and coordination of campaign materials for workplace, individual giving, planned giving, donor relations and community impact
- Identifies and develops new, comprehensive, and innovative marketing strategies to effectively support annual growth strategies for revenue-generating channels for giving
- Directs market research activities in support of strategy and tactics
- Ensures alignment as appropriate of local initiatives with national campaigns
- Prepares and delivers analysis, recommendations and any necessary presentations or reports to the leadership team and/or board
- Provides inspirational, effective and highly visible leadership
- Builds strong external relationships to enhance the reputation of, and results for UWSVI
- Key spokesperson including researching, writing and distributing press releases and other publicity material or, when necessary, to respond to media stories affecting the mission and/or strategies of UWSVI
You are a great fit for this role if you have the below attributes and experience!
Skills and Abilities
- Strength in conceptual strategy and execution while still maintaining a “roll-up-your-sleeves” style
- Analytical decision maker; results-driven
- Social media strategy expertise and influencer marketing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Deep skills in marketing campaign development, execution and leveraging data and analytics
- An agile, creative mindset
- SEO success
- Organizational leadership and team development
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge and understanding of the non-profit sector an asset
- Passionate about the donor experience
Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Marketing or Communications preferred
- Minimum five years as a Marketing or Communications Director in a challenging role
- Leading and influencing across diverse groups, communicating goals, plans and strategy across all channels
- Fluent with social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube and metrics to showcase results
- Proficiency with the Microsoft 365 suite of products and other communications and project software
- Demonstrated track record of development and execution of creative, innovative strategies