Position Summary: Responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating United Way of South Mississippi’s (UWSM) image and identity in the community.
Reports to: CEO
Position Classification: F/T, salaried, exempt
- Supports the marketing needs of all UWSM committees as needed and requested.
- Develops sufficient committees to implement marketing plans. Committee members will come from both the Board of Directors and community volunteers.
- Supports Resource Development. All marketing/communications efforts coordinated with CEO.
- Speaks at donor companies as requested
- Attends community events as requested.
- Works with all media (social media, television, radio, print, advertising, graphic design, outdoor advertising).
- Coordinates the production of the annual campaign video.
- Designs and develops all campaign literature/materials and pledge forms.
- Develops communications kits.
- Shares responsibility in organizing all campaign related events.
- Leads the coordination and implementation of the annual dragon boat fundraiser.
- Prepare and distribute eNewsletters and eCommunications.
- Responsible for protecting United Way brand in accordance with United Way Worldwide.
- Year-round marketing of UWSM through social media, television and other outlets as required or requested.
- Develop and prepare human interest stories
- Distribute regular community surveys to evaluate UWSM perception, performance, etc.
- Development of a crisis communications plan.
- Design and prepare Annual Report.
- Other duties assigned.
- Manage content on www.unitedwaysm.org
- College degree in Marketing or related field
- Proficient with all types of social media
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding public speaking skills
- Microsoft office products, Adobe suite, and database experience.
- Be a stellar representative of UWSM