United Way of Kern County (Bakersfield, CA) seeks an energetic, creative communicator to lead organizational marketing and fundraising functions. The Director of Marketing and Development leads staff, volunteers and partners to effectively communicate the mission and impact of United Way of Kern County, internally and externally. The Director is the lead fundraiser and messaging expert for the organization and will dedicate approximately 50 percent of his/her time to fundraising and 50 percent to marketing.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proven track record in fundraising.
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing marketing/branding strategies.
- Outstanding writing and presentation skills.
- Experience in digital media.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience supervising staff and volunteers.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience with donor database(s). Blackbaud experience a plus.
- United Way experience a plus.
This position is part of the organizational leadership team and will work closely with the CEO, VP and Board to develop and execute strategic marketing and development plans.
To apply, email a current resume and thoughtful cover letter to Della Hodson, President/CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer:It is the policy of United Way of Kern County not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.