At United Way of Greater Chattanooga We believe all individuals and families deserve to achieve their full human potential. And we believe that potential is only achievable through intentional community connections. Our focus is to empower individuals, families and community partners to improve systems of education, stability and health in every neighborhood.
Through the caring power of tens of thousands of individuals, we invest in innovative solutions, convene the right partnerships and mobilize the best resources and fight our most dire social problems. Together, we drive measurable, lasting impact for our community.
None of us can do it alone. UNITED, we can.
We are searching for a Director of Marketing and Communicaitons.
Reporting to the VP, Community and Corporate Engagement, the Director of Marketing (Director) is responsible for the development and implementation of all marketing strategies, communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal for the United Way of Greater Chattanooga. The Director manages the efforts of the marketing and communications staff of three and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with all departments. The role plays a key part in aligning marketing activity with organizational strategies, plans, and goals to maximize community impact. The Director serves as the key point of contact for all major internal and external relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy & Management
- Leads development of multi-year Marketing & Communications plan and ensures adherence to the goals and brand outlined therein.
- Responsible for the achievement of the goals and objectives of the Marketing and Communications Plan.
- Ensures that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and reports progress to the VP, and at times to the CEO and Board.
- Ensures that appropriate systems, staffing and procedures are in place to properly and reasonably support marketing and communications efforts.
- Works across departments to design and implement communications strategies and effective messaging for organizational and project-specific goals.
- Works with the VP to develop annual budgets for marketing & communications, and monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Assists all staff in ensuring communications are culturally competent and reach diverse audiences.
Content and Digital Media Management
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an annual marketing and communications plan that includes social media, print and digital content, and email marketing.
- Develops and oversees design, distribution, and maintenance of high-quality print and digital collateral including external reports, brochures, presentations, newsletters, social media, video, and event invitations.
- Leads the strategy and generation of engaging digital content through compelling storytelling for website, social media and email channels that leads to measurable action, with a particular focus on prospect to donor ratio and conversion.
- Evaluates marketing campaigns using data analytics
- Ensures brand identity, messaging and marketing and communications strategy are infused in all organizational efforts (programming, development, network support).
- Develops collateral related to year-round fundraising efforts.
- Ensures fundraising and advocacy collateral appeals to various constituency groups and is forward thinking.
- Participates in event planning
Press and Public Relations
- Identifies trends, monitors current events and influencers to anticipate opportunities to engage in and/or lead the local, state, and national conversation on community impact.
- Guides the strategy on press outreach, including messaging in press releases, creation of press kits and materials, talking points, interview preparation, and responses to media requests.
- Develops close partnerships with members of the media and occasionally represents United Way of Greater Chattanooga at public events.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- At least three to five years of professional experience, including leading the communications, marketing, social media and public relations activities of a high-paced organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred in the areas of communications and marketing related field (e.g., marketing, business administration, management, advertising, journalism, and/or communications).
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the successful development and execution of marketing campaigns, communications, and public relations activities as well as team management.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of online and print collateral and publications.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office required – content management and Creative Cloud experience preferred.
- Excellent people skills, with commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to project manage multiple concurrent projects while also being highly detail-oriented with an attention to quality.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and system.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to United Way of Greater Chattanooga’s mission.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
Core Competencies for All STaff:
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
- While performing the duties of this job, you will be regularly required to talk or hear, frequently stand and bend; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms; sit for long periods of time.
- This role is performed onsite in a professional office setting with moderate noise level and professional dress. You will also frequent other workplaces with a variety of physical environments and dress standards, so you will need to be flexible. You will routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers/scanners, copiers, filing cabinets.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position, and general hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. It may occasionally require some irregular hours and weekend work.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by December 15, 2020.
United Way of Greater Chattanooga is committed to equal opportunity employment by affirming the value of diversity and by promoting an environment free from discrimination. UWGC encourages people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.