Our Mission at the United Way of West Florida is to Unite our community and leverage resources to improve lives. We have a vision of Uniting our community to create better opportunities for all.
To help us accomplish this mission we are seeking a Director of Marketing.
The Director of Marketing provides leadership and overall direction to United Way of West Florida’s communications and marketing strategy and brand management in order to further the organization’s mission. The Director of Marketing is a member of the leadership team and, as such, works to further the mission of UWWF and to help the organization become a high-performing United Way.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to, and evaluation of, the marketing staff and marketing department interns.
- Develop and implement a strategic marketing plan to communicate the organization’s mission in order to engage donors, volunteers, and businesses.
- Achieve an emotional connection with target audiences through issues management, marketing materials, event promotion and strategic communication materials.
- Create communications goals and plans to increase volunteer and donor engagement.
- Write and distribute press releases.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with traditional news outlets and news media, key civic and business organizations and provide information and communication tools as needed to officials at city, county, state, and federal levels.
- Work in partnership with the appropriate department to develop and execute events to increase awareness of UWWF.
- Conduct research and seek to understand factors that motivate involvement with UWWF.
- Create and leverage strategic partnerships with outside organizations in order to deliver maximum marketing value to UWWF.
- Regularly convene the Marketing Committee, serving as staff and leadership support.
- Approve internal and external media or marketing to ensure compliance with brand guidelines.
- Coordinate and approve vendor registration with UWW to ensure compliance with licensing.
- Responsible for the design and production of marketing materials, including but not limited to emails, letters, print, television and radio advertising, direct-to-consumer mailings, website, and social media.
- Ensure that website and social media pages are updated regularly.
- Serve as marketing liaison on committees or special project teams.
- Work with the Development team to properly recognize all sponsors as required by sponsorship agreements.
- Coordinate emergency preparedness and crisis response communications.
- Maintain community visibility of CEO, other professional and volunteer leadership, and key volunteers.
- Participate in key trainings, including but not limited to, Ambassador, Development Advisory Council, Community Investment and Board.
- Develop and manage departmental budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, or related field.
- 3-5 years’ work experience, preferably in the non-profit field.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communicator with excellent written and oral skills.
- Experience with public speaking preferred.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience providing leadership to staff and volunteers preferred.
- Ability to work with diverse populations and organizations.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to analyze media analytics.
- Proven ability to develop and implement marketing and communications plans that achieve specific and measurable results.
- Experience with graphic design preferred
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Mission focused
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Results driven
- Brand Steward
- Team builder