An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse Workforce
Job Title: Director of Major Giving
Reports To: Executive Director
Overview of Duties/Functions:
The Director of Major Giving is a critical role in our efforts to expand the impact our organization can make on the education, financial stability, and health of the citizens of our community. The Director of Major Giving is a key position with two main areas of responsibility:
- Perform as lead staff for our Benefactor Society and our Alexis De Tocqueville Society events, outreaches and engagements. The goal is to create the best in state experience for our leadership level donors through establishing and communicating impact, appreciation and recognition efforts, and peer to peer connection.
- Perform as lead staff for our United Way of Iredell County Endowment for the Future. This position will lead a team of volunteers dedicated to outreach, stewardship and putting the endowment to work to fund exciting new programs and services across Iredell County.
We are seeking an energetic and self-motivated professional willing to actively build relationships and help us to meet our soon to be released Stronger Together 2025 Goals. Open to structuring this position as part or full time depending on the needs of our candidates.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to develop professional relationship that are authentic, mission-oriented, and respectful.
- · Ability to think strategically, problem solve and make independent decisions.
- Commitment to serving the mission of United Way and positively impacting lives across our community
- Training and/or experience in interacting and engaging with people from a wide range of cultural background.
- Enjoy working independently and as part of a team
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint);
- Must be willing to attend meetings, community activities/events, sometimes before or after hours and on weekends.
Two- or Four-year degree in business administration, marketing, or social services preferred - experience from the community, governmental, and service organizations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, operate office equipment, and communicate effectively.
Salary TBD based upon comparable positions within the county and experience. Benefits include: Health stipend, flex scheduling, paid time off, and retirement contribution.
Email Resume and a Cover letter including salary requirements to:
Reference in Subject Line: United Way Recruitment
Must be able to pass criminal background and drug screen prior to/after job offer. Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle for work use as needed.
EEOC: An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse Workforce.