Position Title: Director, Major Gifts
Status: Full-time, exempt
Salary: An amount in the range of $74,000 - $78,000 annually.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes 100% employer-paid premiums on employee only health, dental, and vision plans; 3-6% employer contributions to 401(k); FSAs, employer-paid life/AD&D/LTD insurance; generous PTO, EIB, and holiday benefits; EAP; tuition reimbursement program; professional and growth and development opportunities; discounted pet insurance; Verizon Wireless discount; inclusive bereavement leave; and free underground parking for eligible employees
Location: Work from home flexible, 3 days/week in-person, with remote work 2 days/week. Primarily based out of our Denver office at 711 Park Ave W, Denver, CO 80205
COVID-19 Vaccination: In order to protect the health and safety of our staff and the communities we serve, Mile High United Way requires employees, including some designated remote workers, to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination, or submit to weekly testing, or receive a medical or religious exemption.
How You'll Help
Responsible for providing leadership for Mile High United Way's annual major giving strategies through maintenance and growth of the major gifts donor program. This position works directly with the Principal and Major Gifts team to maximize the strengthening and growth of the annual fundraising capacity of the organization. In addition, this position is responsible for creating strategies and managing processes that maximize relationships with current and prospective donors by working with executive level volunteers to steward and cultivate relationships in support of Mile High United Way's Strategic Plan.
- Identify and lead the implementation of annual major giving strategies to support the fundraising efforts of the Community Giving team, focusing specifically on the recruitment and retention of major gift donors ($10,000+)
- Lead and manage the volunteer ambassador program, directly managing volunteer leadership and members in efforts to support Mile High United Way fundraising efforts
- Develop and implement a strong prospecting strategy to identify, cultivate and secure new major gift donors in partnership with the larger Resource Development team, Mile High United Way Executive Leadership staff members, and volunteer ambassadors
- Directly manages portfolio of major gift donor and prospect engagement and giving to encourage continued and increased investment in the work of Mile High United Way
- Work with the Community Giving team to lead ongoing processes to support the retention and growth of current and lapsed major gift donors, including but not limited to managing the unrenewed donor process
- Work with the Community Giving team to establish priorities and strategy to grow individual giving within corporate campaigns, new business partners, and within the broader community
- Leads efforts to develop donor-focused collateral, including but not limited to funding proposals, impact reports, and event presentations
- Manage ongoing systems, processes, and reporting to share out progress of strategies and fundraising efforts
- Provides strategic feedback for special projects, including but not limited to department budgets, donor recognition and engagement events, donor impact reporting, collateral and recognition, strategic planning, etc.
- Works with Vice President of Community Giving and Engagement and management team to set strategic direction for the annual giving team related to major gifts program
- Maintains security and confidentiality of all Division documents and files
What You'll Need: Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in humanities, business, finance, or equivalent experience required
- 7-10 years successful experience in fundraising, management, and one-on-one solicitation. Proven solicitation experience of gifts $25,000 and higher and experience closing multi-year gifts preferred
- Demonstrated volunteer management experience at high levels of an organization
- Additional successful experience in funds development including, proposal writing, prospect research, volunteer management, annual individual giving campaigns, capital campaigns, and donor cultivation and recognition
- Excellent prospecting and fundraising skills
- Excellent ability to connect with and build relationships with executive level business and community members
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight timelines
- Works well with limited supervision and a high degree of personal responsibility, integrity
- Strong motivation to set and achieve short and long-term goals
- Ability to manage and motivate executive level volunteers and staff to achieve fundraising and organizational goals
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of administration, project management, and volunteer program management
- Knowledge of community's network of affluent families and private foundations
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must work well under pressure, be flexible, creative, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable of the community and possess a high energy level
- Professionally supportive of corporate missions, policies, staff etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Salesforce experience strongly preferred
Working Environment: General office environment with limited remote opportunity (2-days per week)
Ready to apply? If you are on Mile High United Way's website, you can apply by completing the information in the "Apply Now" box. If you're on a job board, you can apply through the job board or by visiting the Careers page of our website.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.