The Director of Legacy Giving coordinates all aspects of high-level donor relationship management with regard to Planned Giving. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer of Resource Development. The Director of Legacy Giving will lead, drive, and catalyze innovations to both maintain and develop United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona’s presence in the area of Planned Giving. This position, working in tandem with Workplace Campaign and Major Gifts is responsible for raising the resources necessary to fund United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona programs and operations. Focus on fundraising for both annual and Endowment campaigns from individuals who can make gifts of $10,000 or more, with a focus on six, seven and eight figure gifts.
United Way offers competitive wages and a generous benefits packet with employer contributions for full time employees including medical, dental, vision, 401K, HRA, PTO, 13 paid holidays, and opportunities for educational and professional development. For more information about our organization, see www.unitedwaytucson.org.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Three to five years’ experience in resource development, legacy giving, donor relations or related field.
- Experience and success in managing relationships and securing support from accounts and individuals.
- Event planning and management, accounting, budget development and management skills.
- Computer skills including CRM, Windows-based software (Word and Excel), e-mail and calendar, and presentation software.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified in this position
The United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona is an equal opportunity employer. We champion diversity, equity, and inclusion. We take action to ensure equal opportunity and all candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Upon hire and/or prior to starting employment with us, the successful candidate will be required to provide evidence of COVID vaccination or provide proof of eligibility for medical exemption.