United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County
TITLE: Director of Leadership Giving, Women United
DEPARTMENT: Resource Development, Individual Giving and Major Gifts
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Vice President, Individual Giving and Major Gifts
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
DATE POSTED: October 13, 2021
EXPIRES: November 1, 2021
JOB LOCATION: San Antonio, Texas
SALARY Range: $60,000-$70,000
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is dedicated to improving people’s lives by helping individuals and creating community-level change. Our work includes leading cross-sector collaborations, advocating for public policy changes, and investing in programs and initiatives that help those in need and prevent problems from happening in the first place. Improving quality of life and advancing the greater good involves focusing in four Impact areas: 1) preparing children for kindergarten 2) encouraging students to graduate and reach their full potential 3) helping individuals and families become self-sufficient, and 4) providing a safety net of services for those in crisis.
The Director, Women United role is a management level Resource Development position that leads United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County’s (UWSA) efforts to mobilize women to strengthen our community by investing in and promoting programs that positively impact our community’s children, families, and future. The position serves as a member of the United Way individual giving team, represents UWSA for various external women’s affinity groups , and manages interactions and engagement with UWSA board and United Way Worldwide committees. The Women United affinity group supports Women United’s signature cause, the United Way Childcare Scholarship program, provides childcare scholarships to help parents with the cost of childcare while they are enrolled in college full-time or working and enrolled part-time. The position is responsible for overall management of strategy development, planning, volunteer cultivation and engagement, fundraising, execution and follow up related to Women United. With more than 4,000 members, Women United brings together their members’ energy, expertise, and generosity to make a lasting difference in the community. Women who give $500 or more annually to United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County are recognized as members of Women United.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Connect the purpose and work of UWSA Women United to UWSA overall mission
- Develop a plan to focus efforts on retention and recruitment of Women United membership to grow annual gifts of $500 - $9,999 and a special focus on gifts of $2,500 or more at the Women United – Bexar, Briscoe, and Tocqueville levels
- Manage and support Women United Chair, Vice Chair and Women United Committee. The Women United Advisory Committee, comprised of 20 dynamic female business and community leaders, meets quarterly and a Chair virtual call is held at least monthly.
- Construct a calendar of niche events and initiatives for members and prospects, with focused activities that attract, engage, grow, and retain Women United members. Ensure the agenda and strategic plan engages prospects and members year-round, increasing engagement with United Way.
- Work closely with UWSA Corporate Relations team members to identify potential Women United prospects and promote Women United within workplace at our top corporate partners.
- Schedule and personally meet with current and prospective Women United members, to cultivate relationships, connect them to UWSA work, to explore their passions to help make that connection, to encourage participation in Women United engagement opportunities
- Plan, coordinate (internally and externally), and execute volunteer and advocacy opportunities for Women United members and their families
- Develop communications strategies, in conjunction with Marketing team, to connect Women United to UWSA’s mission. Work with Marketing team to develop annual marketing plan for Women United.
- Conduct ongoing review, enhancement, evaluation and improvement of the materials, communications, methods and processes of Women United, ensuring best practices are identified, shared, and leveraged.
- Create and manage Women United Newsletter
- Use data analysis to identify trends and solutions, troubleshoot, and ensure the timely achievement of goals. Use the strategic analysis of data to drive programming and engagement, and the overall performance of assigned segments.
- Manage WU interactions and engagement with UWSA board and United Way Worldwide committees.
- Serve as UWSA’s liaison and community presence for various external women’s affinity groups.
- Develop and actively manage Women United budget
- Collaborate with Resource Development staff to share and review information and reports for the segmentation, identification and solicitation of prospects and members of Women United.
- Connect our local Women United to United Way Worldwide’s national effort and best practices
Interaction (Internal and External):
- Interact with all UWSA departments: Finance (re: donor gifts, sponsorships, designations, etc.), Impact Strategies (planning and executing engagement opportunities with an education programmatic focus, impact of the gift, etc.), Resource Development (donor gifts, allocation of designations, event-related donor expenses, etc.), Marketing (messaging, materials, etc.)
- External interaction: donors, volunteers, staff at other non-profits, clients, area businesses, government agencies, the general public, community leaders, educators, elected officials and media representatives --- at all levels (CEO’s, executive teams, senior managers, mid-level, young professionals etc.)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors or master’s degree in related field preferred.
- Five to Seven years professional work experience desired, with two or more years previous experience in a fundraising, development, sales, communication and/or public relations capacity preferred.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft oﬃce products
- (speciﬁcally Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), required.
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to listen eﬀectively and solicit information from others. Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple projects in varying degrees of implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a group of key volunteers and advocates
- Demonstrated track record of creating, growing, and retaining strong customer relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and ﬂexibly as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Employer-subsidized healthcare plan with employer-funded HRA offered.
- Group dental, vision, life insurance and other insurance products available.
- Paid holidays, personal and sick leave time.
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching available.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise and extreme temperatures.
- Reliable personal transportation required.
- Exposure to glare from a computer.
- Monday-Friday, 8:15 am to 4:45 pm work week with occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Work remotely as indicated by environmental factors, such as COVID-19
- Lift or move up to 20 lbs
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
SPECIAL SKILLS / INFORMATION
- Demonstrated track record of motivating people to work towards a shared goal.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Budgeting and resource management
- Ability to use data and graphics to convey information in a compelling way
- Excellent time management skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. The contents of this job description may change as deemed necessary by United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County.
To submit your application visit http://bit.ly/uwsajobs.
- Applications WILL NOT be accepted via email.
- Contact email@example.com should you experience problems submitting your application.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County | 700 South Alamo St., San Antonio TX, 78205 | www.unitedwaysatx.org