Reporting to the Senior Director, Leadership Giving, the Director, Leadership Giving provides high-level donor relationship management and customer service and develops new markets for current and potential Leadership Giving and Major Donors.
Salary Range: $47,000 to $50,000
- Work with the Senior Director for Leadership Giving, Senior Director for Annual Campaign, and President’s Office to segment, prospect, cultivate, solicit and grow leadership and major gifts to United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona (UWTSA).
- Provide support to grow the number of leadership givers ($1,000 - $9,999) and increase investment to UWTSA by current members.
- Successfully manage the Women United and Bridges Society Affinity Groups to grow their membership numbers and increase fundraising dollars to UWTSA.
- Ensure Community Development reaches their financial goals by securing and developing existing and new corporate and family foundation grants and individual giving.
- Develop effective donor management programs to increase the share of dollars directed to UWTSA’S impact areas from current and new donors.
- Maintain effective investor communication plan that keeps them informed and engaged with UWTSA.
- Develop sponsorships and provide support for events such as: the Annual Leadership Recognition Event, Leadership Giving Presentations, Tocqueville Society events.
- Ensure that collateral materials and recognition programs are timely, effective and appropriate.
- Identify opportunities and develop programs to attract new leadership givers from segmented markets, taking the lead role with specific markets as assigned.
- Provide superior customer service and relationship management.
Management and Administrative Functions
- Accurately maintain donor and prospect records and current files.
- Perform duties in accordance with UWTSA policies and procedures such as managing/attending staff meetings, completing accurate and timely timesheets and expense reports.
- Create, modify, and maintain routine and special letters, memos, and reports using word processing, database, spreadsheet and other software packages.
- Cultivate relationships with public and private groups to present United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona’s vision, mission, services, and programs, and fulfill United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona goals of cost-effective fundraising and community building.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or related field.
- Three or more years of experience in resource development, donor relations or related field.
- Experience and success in managing relationships and securing support from accounts and individuals.
- Desire and ability to work in team-oriented work environment.
- Ability to motivate and manage donors, volunteers and staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, public speaking, training, facilitation, administrative and interpersonal skills.
- Event planning and management, accounting, budget development and management skills.
- Computer skills including CRM, Windows-based software (Word and Excel), e-mail and calendar, and presentation software.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule and adjust it as required by changing activities.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, current auto insurance, daily access to a reliable vehicle and able to lift up to 30 pounds.