Granite United Way is currently seeking a Director of Individual & Planned Giving. This position is based in our Manchester, NH location. Below is the full job description. Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Granite United Way is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: Director of Individual & Planned Giving
Reports To: Senior Director of Leadership & Planned Giving
Updated: August 22, 2018
Granite United Way
The Director of Individual & Planned Giving is responsible for cultivating, soliciting and stewarding a portfolio of
approximately 100-150 donors/prospects. The majority of the Director’s time should be spent doing 10-15 face-to-face person visits per month with a goal of soliciting gifts of $1,000 and above, with a special focus on gifts of $10,000 or more and planned gifts for endowment and/or Granite United Way initiatives.
The Director will also help provide direction, planning and implementation of strategies to drive overall year-over-year net growth in revenue and number of donors.
The Director must have reliable transportation and the willingness to represent several regions across the state of New Hampshire and Windsor County, Vermont.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned):
• The Director must develop and execute a growth plan, both inside and outside the workplace, at a net growth rate in
revenue raised and membership consistent with the strategic plan; leveraging resources of Tocqueville Society/Leadership committees and GUW resources.
• Working with the President & CEO, Chief Development Officer, and Senior Director of Leadership & Planned Giving, the Director will develop, implement and sustain strategies for soliciting individual gifts of $1,000 or more, with a focus on gifts of $10,000 or more. The Director will identify the donor’s areas of interests through relationship development and align those interests with strategies/products/programs of Granite United Way.
• Work with the Senior Director of Leadership & Planned Giving to develop a group of volunteers to help with donor cultivation and solicitation.
• Assist with the planning of leadership and donor engagement events.
• Provide strategies, briefing materials, written proposals, and acknowledgements for the President & CEO, Board of Directors, and Senior Staff, as needed.
• Partner with Community Impact, Finance, and Marketing staff to develop written materials, supporting documents, and impact statements appropriate for donor communications.
Data and Information Management:
• Responsible for developing both long and short-range operational plans to strengthen, grow, and track the progress of major giving.
• The Director will exhibit competency in the use of the ANDAR database to retrieve data and perform comprehensive analysis and data manipulation related to major giving.
• Working with the Data team, maintain and expand upon action systems and moves management tracking within ANDAR to ensure donor moves and touches are tracked
• Working with volunteers and staff, the Director will determine which prospects are appropriate for further cultivation and solicitation for major gifts.
• The Director will identify and lead prospect specific solicitation teams involving United Way senior staff and volunteers by providing leadership and direction; will also be required to personally solicit potential donors.
• Once funding is secured, the Director will work with the Senior Director of Leadership & Planned Giving and regional staff to create and conduct programs of stewardship for donors and serve as the primary point of contact and relationship manager for a portfolio of Leadership/Tocqueville donors. The Director will create and maintain contact histories in Andar regarding cultivation and solicitation activities by providing complete development tracking in ANDAR.
• The Director will become part of a team that develops products that will be used to solicit individuals, foundations, and corporations.
• The Director will write gift proposals and grants for individuals and family foundations, as appropriate.
Planned Giving & Endowment:
• The Director will work with staff and volunteers to prospect, cultivate, and solicit donors to make a planned gift or a gift to Granite United Way’s endowment.
Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree preferred. • Three to five years of fundraising experience. • Excellent skills in relationship management. • Excellent skills in team building, problem-solving, public speaking and executive presentation. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills. • Excellent influence and motivational skills • Ability to interface with high level donors, lead volunteers, CEOs and senior management. • Volunteer/client management experience. • Strategic planning and budget management experience. • Strong computer skills: ANDAR (CRM), PowerPoint, Word, Excel & Outlook • General flexibility and ease of movement between multiple projects • Attend and assist with the coordination of evening and weekend events as needed. • Demonstrate creativity, problem solving ability, and demonstrate a history of focusing on major gift fundraising results. • Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated. Must have reliable transportation and willingness to represent several regions across the state of New Hampshire.
Full-Time exempt position.
NOTE: The purpose of this job description is to provide a concise statement of the work elements of the position, and to organize and present the information in a standard way. It provides as much detail as is necessary to distinguish the position for all others. It is not intended to describe all the elements of the work that may be performed by every individual in this classification, nor should it serve as the sole basis for Human Resource decisions and actions