Location: Tampa, Bradenton, or Sarasota, FL (Hybrid Work Environment)
Why United Way Suncoast?
Do you want to be part of a non-profit organization that makes a difference in your community? Do you want to be part of a passionate team focused on improving the lives of others? Now is your opportunity! United Way Suncoast is seeking a Director, Individual Philanthropy. United Way Suncoast leverages relationships and invests resources to drive social change. We lead the community in achieving measurable results in the areas of Early Literacy, Youth Success, and Financial Stability. Our Vision is uniting people, ideas, and resources to advance the common good. Our Mission is to break the cycle of generational poverty through educational programs that give children the skills to succeed and help adults achieve long-term financial stability, so they can support themselves and their families.
We're not asking you to apply for a job. We're asking you to embrace a movement that gives people the freedom to rise. In return, you'll be embraced by colleagues that will appreciate every contribution you make.
Our team members enjoy a work environment built on transparency and trust. There are many growth opportunities including the ability to learn about and contribute to efforts across the organization. We offer a competitive total rewards package including shortened benefit eligibility periods, several weeks of PTO, and no cost medical and dental options to name a few!
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Develop, cultivate, steward, and maintain relationships with donors and prospects within the assigned portfolio of 125-150 donors and prospects including donors who give through major and planned gifts.
- Leverage analytical skills and CRM proficiency to create an annual donor cultivation strategy and long-range plans for major giving target markets to increase giving and levels of participation through a moves management process.
- Work with Resource Development team to identify Tocqueville and Planned Giving prospects through direct donor gifts or workplace campaigns.
- Meet goals for financial growth and engagement.
- Engage major donors and prospects to grow their involvement and connection to United Way Suncoast through personal contact, correspondence, events, affinity groups, and volunteer opportunities. Partner with others on programming for assigned affinity group events.
- Document significant donor relationship activities; create and track solicitations and projections; and enter donor information in CRM on a regular basis.
Qualifications and Skills for Success:
- Eight (8) years relevant experience; local experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree; equivalent training or experience may be accepted in lieu.
- Ability to work and drive extensively in the field within the Suncoast region.
- Bilingual or multilingual (English/Spanish/Creole) a plus.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Behaviors reflect a belief that individuals from diverse backgrounds lead to a more successful organization.
- Educates oneself about DEI issues within the organization and community.
- Demonstrates a willingness to become aware of and address one’s own implicit biases.
- Deliberately works to include individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in efforts both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Identifies and integrates the tools and resources needed to create more equitable environments.