United Way of Dane County has been tackling Dane County’s toughest challenges for 99 years. With a mission to unite the community to achieve measurable results and change lives, we are committed to build a Dane County where everyone can succeed in school, work, and life. Through strategic partnerships and collaborative work, United Way brings the many voices of Dane County together to find common ground and develop a strategic architecture for change, while engaging businesses and individuals to give, advocate and volunteer in Dane County. Together, we are The Power of Many. Working for All.
Purpose of Position: Responsible for management and activities related to both strategic and administrative human resource duties for United Way of Dane County. Serves as an organizational resource for all human resources needs/issues. Maintains positive relationships with staff at all levels, United Way volunteers and external stakeholders.
Key Responsibility Area: Talent Management
1.Develop and maintain the organizational performance management competency model.
2.Develop and manage the annual staff development program, including coaching.
3.Manage structure/title changes policy and procedure.
4.Ensure job descriptions are accurate and up to date.
5.Oversee organizational use of Predictive Index assessment.
6.Facilitate conflict resolution solutions with supervisors and staff.
Key Responsibility Area: Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Access (IDEA) and Culture
1.Develop and integrate internal IDEA objectives, through education, tools, resources, and development.
2.Assess impact and effectiveness of internal IDEA initiatives, culture, and employee experience in collaboration with internal IDEA Committee.
3.Ensure alignment of UWDC IDEA goals with business outcomes.
4.Lead and staff internal IDEA Committee.
5.Ensure positive culture, including living our values, staff recognition and staff committee process.
6.Advocate for alignment of behaviors, systems and practices guided by overarching organizational values (equity, excellence, innovation, teamwork, wellness).
Key Responsibility Area: Administration
1.Ensure that policies, practices, and procedures are administered consistently and are in line with the organization’s mission, vision and values.
2.Maintain employee handbooks.
3.Oversee employee benefit programs.
4.Serve as Privacy Officer for HIPPAA Title II Compliance.
5.Work with outside vendor to conduct annual market salary survey.
6.Annual compensation budget planning and development.
7.Review and reconcile bi-weekly payroll.
8.Track, monitor and report key Human Resource metrics.
9.Lead and staff two Board Committee: Personnel and Equity, including recruitment of members, development and execution of workplan and accountability for results.
10.Other duties as assigned.
External: Human Resources professionals, EOC Committee, agencies, donors, volunteers, vendors.
Internal: Volunteer committees, staff.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience, with specific training in human resources.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience in human resources management. SHRM or PHR certification preferred.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of human resource management including IDEA, organizational development, recruitment and on-boarding, training and development, payroll and benefits conflict resolution and relationship management at all levels.
- Skills: High level of accuracy, ability to work independently, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, mature judgement, ability to work with management and leadership towards organizationally focused and agreeable outcomes, ability to coordinate a variety of activities with people on varying levels, facilitation skills, and ability to prioritize and execute tasks.
United Way Competencies serve as the foundation for the United Way network-wide talent management strategy and inform the essential abilities (skills, knowledge, behaviors) that United Way professionals must have to perform their jobs successfully.
- Communication Skills: Understand and communicate effectively with others using a variety of contexts and formats, which include writing, speaking, reading listening, and interpersonal skills.
- Customer and Volunteer Relationship Management: The ability to build and manage productive relationships through an open, friendly, and inclusive environment.
- Values Diversity & Inclusiveness: Networks and partners with diverse stakeholders. Values and seeks diversity by seeking the knowledge and experience of diverse individuals. Models and facilitates the integration of cultural sensitivity and competence. Brings diverse groups and points of view to the table and to a common agenda.
- Accountability: The thoroughness demonstrated by the employee in following through on assignments and instructions in a reliable, trustworthy, and timely manner. Overall attendance and adherence to work schedules, office hours. Consistently honoring commitments and taking responsibility for actions and words, acts with integrity, is reliable and trustworthy.
- Judgment and Decision Making: The ability to think logically and practically before making decisions. Use of independent thought, originality, and reasoning. Ability to prioritize work and timely implementation of workable solutions to problems. The ability to handle confidential information.
EEO/AAP Policy Statement
At United Way of Dane County, we not only accept difference — we celebrate, support and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and community. United Way of Dane County is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We center community in what we do and strongly encourage ALL people to apply to join us in our work at United Way of Dane County—regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, justice involvement, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please apply here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/724903/United-W...