Reports To: CEO + President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Greenville County is recognized as one of the best places to live in America. United Way is committed to making that true for all of our neighbors! We impact over 100,000 people each year with community investments, donor events, work-place campaigns, volunteer opportunities and community gatherings. With the support from our community, we are fighting for the basic needs, educational success and financial stability of every person in Greenville County. We’re mobilizing our talent and expertise in these critical areas to ensure that all people in Greenville County can achieve prosperity.
Mission, Vision & Values
Mission: Bringing people and resources together to build a Cycle of Success, where
- all children in Greenville County start school prepared to learn and go on to graduate
- well-educated graduates find good jobs and create stable homes
- children from stable homes continue the cycle because they start school on track and prepared for success
Vision: A Cycle of Success for everyone in Greenville County
Values: Results, Excellence, Accountability, Collaboration, Honesty/Openness
We are seeking a dynamic leader to elevate our human resource capabilities of a rapidly evolving organization. The Director of Human Resources will play a key role in developing and implementing human resource (HR) policies/programs and managing all aspects of talent management, including employee relations and development. Additionally, he/she will also manage staffing & recruiting, organizational development, performance management and training in order to achieve Employer of Choice status. The Director will champion develop training initiatives that will create and foster an open and inclusive environment.
Talent Strategy and Execution
- Develop a talent strategy to mirror the organization outlook. In partnership with the CEO and the leadership team, design and execute HR plans, processes, and programs aligned with UWGC objectives, including organizational design, succession planning, talent management, recruitment, employee engagement, and supporting communications.
- Develop a sustainable strategic workforce plan for the organization that meets the resource needs of the organization through talent acquisition, people development, and retention processes and policies.
- Manage processes and tools around talent management with intentional alignment to the organization strategy and a focus on measured outcomes.
- Intentionally focus on strategies that identify and attract talent at all levels, especially laterals, of the organization, inclusive of both organic attraction techniques and partnership development with preferred search organizations.
- Ensure the programs, processes, and tools related to the sourcing, attraction, assessment, and selection of positions for the organization are effective and impacting growth.
- Ensure learning is a key priority at all levels of the organization. Develop and execute learning and capability building programs throughout departments to ensure employee engagement and growth.
- Work tirelessly to be a “Best Place to Work” culture centered on values, engagement, teamwork, and innovative growth.
- Champion the strategic direction for initiatives regarding employee training, recruitment, compliance, policy, process, and reporting.
- Counsel and advise leaders with sensitive employee relations issues. Encourage and implement proactive approaches to clearing issues, including participation in employee mediations.
- Develop learning programs that encompass professional and specific role development that can be scaled across UWGC.
- Provide leadership and counsel on talent initiatives related to capability building, organizational development, and change.
- Guide company leaders on succession planning to ensure bench strength within company for short and long-term growth.
- Focus on the internal customer’s needs. Partner across the organization in all functional areas as a key resource to support the organization’s internal talent and HR needs.
- Provide coaching and guidance to managers on organizational development related matters, including organizational analysis, strategy, structure, and key processes to support organizational needs.
- Work with UWGC leaders to translate organization priorities into HR strategies that enable talent programs, strategies, and initiatives that directly impact organization growth. Collaborate with organization leaders as a functional partner, sharing best practices and helping them resolve any complex talent problems.
- Coach Senior Leadership and managers in performance management, authentic feedback, and conflict resolution.
- Ensure a unified approach from HR and the Executive Leadership team in working with all internal customers.
- Leverage relationships with industry organizations and key external stakeholders to maximize effective outreach and knowledge sharing and to continuously explore best practices.
- Oversee HR operations from a strategic and tactical standpoint, ensuring processes and deliverables that create a great associate experience while supporting the organization’s overall strategic objectives and plans.
- Leverage expertise that informs decision-making around compensation and benefits that are competitive and that retains and attracts the talent that enhances the organization’s culture and supports its mission.
Soft Skill Requirements
- Must have an endless passion for developing and attracting great talent.
- Must possess a high degree of empathy and emotional intelligence in order to deal with sensitive situations.
- Must possess contagious leadership, defined by breaking through old paradigms and exploring new ones.
- Must be driven by intellectual curiosity, always looking for deeper insights.
- Must possess a high degree of confidence grounded by personal humility. Must also lead by example and subscribe to the servant leadership philosophy.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills to build trustworthy relationships internally and externally with all levels of people with demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and complex environment with a proven ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must be able to foster and support a positive and engaging work environment to create trust and integrity with internal and external customers and co-workers; an environment and culture that identifies initiatives to embrace and support diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- 10-15 years of progressive complex human resources experience with deep expertise in HR best practices and strategies, including experience leading and creating a strategic HR function.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related area; MBA and PHR, SPHR, SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Experience having successfully managed the HR requirements of a rapidly evolving organization through significant change and growth. Knowledge and experience with the human services/not-for-profit sector and its cultures and values, preferred.
- Professional work experience in workplace diversity, equity, inclusion and culture, preferred to include, managing organizational diversity initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communications along with presentation skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness managing diverse stakeholders including but not limited to United Way executives, employee groups, external vendors and consultants.
- Must be self-initiating, exercise good judgement, and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills required.
- Candidate must be collaborative and creative.
- Well-versed in EEOC, Affirmative Action and Compliance required.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate metrics, research and trends into strategy.
- Proven influencing and relationship building skills with internal and external partners and people from various backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- ADP experience preferred.
- Regular and sustained attendance.
United Way of Greenville is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.