TITLE: Director of Human Resources
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Chief Financial Officer
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
DATE POSTED: 11/18/2022
EXPIRES: Until filled
JOB LOCATION: San Antonio, TX
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County (UWSA), a locally and nationally respected non-profit organization, is the largest private health and human services organization in Bexar County. With a mission to unite the community to identify and solve our most critical issues, UWSA focuses on 1) children who are happy, healthy, and ready for school, 2) students who graduate from high school and become successful adults, 3) self-sufficient individuals and families, and 4) meeting residents’ urgent and immediate needs. In 2021, UWSA raised over $46M to support its outcomes-driven programs.
Reporting to the CFO, the Director of Human Resources (HR Director) is responsible for implementing, executing, and providing oversight on a broad range of human resource related policies, programs and initiatives for a nationally recognized non-profit organization. The HR Director will lead HR related efforts including, but not limited to employee relations, benefits administration, talent acquisition, training and development, and performance management. The ideal candidate will be resourceful and have excellent communication and leadership skills. This position may qualify for a hybrid work schedule after an initial onboarding period.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
· Provide Human Resource leadership as the people leader for the non-profit organization of approximately 100 employees.
· Lead Human Resources operations and partner with Senior Leadership on organizational design, growth initiatives, workforce planning, employee relations/engagement, and maintaining our culture as we scale the business.
· Lead and develop the long-term strategy of Human Resources for the organization from the ground up, including recruiting, onboarding, compliance, benefits administration, leave of absence management, performance and compensation management, employee relations, terminations, payroll questions and HR technology.
· Engage with employees on employee relations matters, cultural initiatives, and day to day process development and improvement to provide a work environment conducive to success.
· Oversee talent acquisition process including conducting interviews, leading the candidate selection process, and employee onboarding.
· Work closely with Human Resource service providers to ensure support services are well executed.
· Coordinate with Diversity & Human Resources Committee of the Board of Directors as needed on Human Resources related matters.
· Lead and support internal DEI Committee on organizational objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or information technology or related field.
· Minimum 8 experience in a Human Resources management position.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, including listening, coaching, and training.
· Strong leadership, communication skills, and project management skills.
· Ability to develop strong relationships and work with senior level executives.
· Diligent and firm with high ethical standards.
· Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills.
· Ability to develop new HR policies and programs based on business requirements.
· Solid business acumen, management reporting, and problem-solving skills.
· Proficiency with applications such as Word, Excel, and Power Point.
· Employer-subsidized healthcare plan with employer-funded HRA offered
· Group dental, vision, life insurance and other insurance products available
· Paid holidays, personal and sick leave time
· 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching available
· Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise and extreme temperatures
· Reliable personal transportation required
· Ability to lift or move up to 50 lbs.
· Extended work on a PC for extended periods of time
· Monday-Friday, 8:15 am to 4:45 pm work week with occasional evening and weekend hours
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time, as needed. The contents of this job description may change as deemed necessary by United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County.
To submit your application visit http://bit.ly/uwsajobs.
· Applications WILL NOT be accepted via email.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County | 700 South Alamo St., San Antonio TX, 78205 | www.unitedwaysatx.org