Department: Community Impact
Supervisor: Marc Rittle, VP, Impact
Status: Exempt / Full-time
Salary Range: $50k - $55k
The Director, Healthy Aging leads community partnerships, strategic planning, investment, and performance measurement processes that will increase the number of Lehigh Valley senior citizens who age successfully in their homes.
Specific responsibilities include: provide community leadership, including relationship management and strategic design for Age-Friendly Communities, an initiative of the United Way Alliance on Aging, inspiring a shared vision and being responsive to the Lehigh Valley community in issues related to healthy aging, negotiating deliverables and providing capacity building assistance for program level performance for all Healthy Aging funded partners, convening the United Way Alliance on Aging, developing and maintaining healthy aging investment plans, managing healthy aging interns.
- 5-plus years of experience in a range of the following: community leadership, public health, health and human services, non-profit management, community building, working with board and committee members in a not-for-profit setting,
- Broad knowledge of the sociology of seniors, aging populations, food scarcity and people living in poverty. Understanding of emerging trends that will impact these populations, for example PA Community Health Choices policies, AARP Livable Communities or other age-friendly models.
- A master of relationships with demonstrated experience with meeting facilitation and complex relationship management between government entities, for profit and not-for-profit agencies,
- Knowledge of the collective impact model,
- Comfort and proficiency with presentation skills both one-on-one and publicly,
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel,
- Familiarity with database software, research and analysis tools and software.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may e-mail, fax or mail a resume and/or cover letter including salary requirements to:
United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley
Attn: Mary Terp, Director, Human Resources
1110 American Parkway NE Suite F-120
Allentown, PA 18109