Location: Tampa, Bradenton, or Sarasota, FL (Hybrid Work Environment)
Do you want to be part of a non-profit organization that makes a difference in your community? Do you want to be part of a passionate team focused on improving the lives of others? Now is your opportunity! United Way Suncoast is seeking a Director, Grant Development. The Director, Grant Development leads the grant development strategy as a key component of aligning impact growth with sustainable revenue generation.
We're not asking you to apply for a job. We're asking you to embrace a movement that gives people the freedom to rise. In return, you'll be embraced by colleagues that will appreciate every contribution you make.
Our team members enjoy a flexible work environment built on transparency and trust and ,most have hybrid schedules. There are many growth opportunities including the ability to learn about and contribute to efforts across the organization. We offer a competitive total rewards package including shortened benefit eligibility periods, several weeks of PTO, and no cost medical and dental options to name a few!
Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Leads and executes a grant development strategy aligning United Way Suncoast’s revenue generation with its role as a convener and multiplier of impact. Researches grant development strategies of other United Ways and organizations in a similar community role.
- Creates an annual grant development and management plan to support United Way Suncoast’s impact areas, goals, strategies, and measures, while maintaining requirements for current grants, grant renewals, and reporting on post award spending.
- Identifies new government and private funding prospects. Cultivates prospects and establishes relationships with existing funders. Develops relationships in the community and pursues opportunities for joint resource development.
- Collaborates cross functionally to write compelling grant applications, ensuring alignment with financial and operational processes for restricted contributions.
- Collaborates to gather data for and draft funding proposals and report outcomes for individual gifts.
- Supports nonprofit community capacity building initiatives by presenting to and sharing best practices with grant development staff of strategic community partners. Takes an active role in local and national grantmaking associations and networks.
- Leads grant reporting and communication back to funding stakeholders once funding is secured. Communicate progress of funded programs to develop evaluation component of applications and a timeline for reporting progress.
- Maintains understanding of grants and contributions with accounting standards, internal policies and procedures, and donor rules and regulations.
- Leads elements of budgeting and forecasting for assigned programs, and effectively manages resources.
- Embodies and consistently reinforces Our Suncoast Code and Values including applicable elements of leading self, team, and organization.
- Develops and refines processes to improve efficiency and achievement of goals and objectives.
Qualifications & Skills for Success:
- Eight years of relevant experience preferred; equivalent combination of education and progressive experience may be accepted.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours
- Bilingual or multilingual (English/Spanish/Creole) a plus.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Behaviors reflect a belief that individuals from diverse backgrounds lead to a more successful organization.
- Educates oneself about DEI issues within the organization and community.
- Demonstrates a willingness to become aware of and address one’s own implicit biases.
- Deliberately works to include individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in efforts both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Identifies and integrates the tools and resources needed to create more equitable environments.