Manage and oversee the accounting and financial reporting functions associated with grants, contracts, International Donor Advised Giving (IDAG), and other restricted funding projects. Responsible for development of work tactics and methods; establishing reporting systems and analyzing/interpreting data analysis. Requires a high level of collaboration and interaction with functional departments across United Way Worldwide (UWW).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be collaborative and able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
Serve as the primary liaison with other UWW teams to manage grant/contract funded projects and address questions/concerns (includes providing guidance and technical assistance to project managers on planning and budgeting of grant funded activities to ensure financial accountability).
- Provide leadership and insight in analyzing current processes and proactively recommending process and system improvements to facilitate a more streamlined and efficient grant administration process that provides for accurate and timely processing of transactions and subsequent reporting to stakeholders.
- Monitor the accounting and performance of all grants/contracts, awarded to UWW, to ensure performance to budget and compliance with the donor requirements, GAAP, and other regulations (includes creation of general journal entries, oversight of recording of receivables, allowable and non-allowable costs, and maintenance of auditable accounting records).
- Prepare year-end schedules and respond to information requests made by auditors and/or the Vice President, Controller to ensure timely/accurate audited financial statements, IRS Form 990, and other required reporting.
- Serve as the primary liaison with the Resource Development team’s IDAG team to address questions and resolve issues.
- Oversee the financial activity of the IDAG program including oversight of donor’s accounts, determining reconciling entries and working with the Resource Development team’s IDAG account managers to address concerns (including development of control policy and procedure).
- Ensure proper recording and documentation of contributions related to the IDAG program, International Support Funds (ISF) and UWW temporarily restricted activity, consistent with current policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper implementation of control procedures such that IDAG donor accounts are properly documented and maintained.
- Ensure the accuracy and security of the various IDAG reporting platforms (Great Plains, Salesforce, IDAG On-line Portal) and databases.
- Ensure timely response to requests from the Resource Development teams for IDAG reports including specific donor requirements and/or milestone reporting.
- Oversee preparation of annual Financial Investment (dues) billings for UWW International Network partners and follow up with them as needed.
- Oversee preparation of the ISF quarterly reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- Five years of experience in a similar role.
- Significant experience with Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains), and project management preferable.
- Must be a team player with the ability to relate to all levels of staff, detail oriented with excellent organizational skills, and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter willing to implement process improvements.
NOTE: If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted. Thank you.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.