Director, Global Brand Marketing
POSITION SUMMARY (Hybrid)
The Director, Global Brand Marketing, is a newly created position on a dynamic and growing team that will define, build, and activate a cohesive brand strategy for United Way. In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for shaping and enhancing the United Way brand globally, ensuring it aligns with our mission and resonates with diverse audiences.
Reporting to the Vice President, Global Brand Strategy, the Director, Global Brand Marketing is a key member of the Brand team. They will work with the United Way Worldwide Marketing and Communications team and across the United Way network to build brand equity, achieve measurable business objectives, and drive growth.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
- Oversee brand management for United Way to maintain brand integrity across the network, elevate organizational awareness, increase engagement, advance advocacy, and achieve fundraising goals.
- Define and articulate the organization’s brand architecture, strategy and identity and determine linkages between the Masterbrand, local United Ways and other products and services.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive brand guidelines that reflect the brand platform to ensure proper execution of the brand architecture, brand assets and brand style guide.
- Develop communication tools that clearly and simply communicate the brand’s differentiating attributes and set clear communications guidelines so that all internal and external communications fall within communications standards and guidelines.
- Lead learning sessions with internal and external stakeholders to educate them about the United Way brand.
- Establish a cross-functional process to ensure the delivery of a consistent brand experience across all touchpoints.
- Facilitate naming conventions across the organization, including submission, review, and approval process.
- Establish a regular brand audit process, in partnership with United Way Brand Council(s) and Network Membership Accountability Team, to monitor compliance across the organization.
Brand Marketing Strategy:
- Responsible for developing annual marketing plans to drive targeted engagement to support the global United Way network.
- Oversee the development and execution of campaigns (e.g., seasonal, promotional, etc.) that drive awareness and engagement, including establishing and tracking metrics.
- Support the execution of cause marketing partnerships and other opportunities to engage new audiences and drive brand positioning.
- Partner closely with Marketing and Communications Leadership team to inform the development of content, messaging, campaigns, and experiences that educate and activate donors, funders, prospects, and strategic partners.
- Develop, implement, and monitor key brand metrics, including brand image, loyalty, awareness, reputation, and perception. Manage, track and report key brand health metrics throughout the year.
- Stay abreast of key trends, conduct competitive audits and market research to inform decision making.
- Socialize and interpret existing research to identify the data gaps and opportunities to guide further market research.
- Stay abreast of professional standards, trends and issues affecting this set of responsibilities, demonstrating continuous learning of the field.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Credentials in communications, branding, marketing, business, or related fields
- 10 years of brand management experience within a complex, matrixed organization in roles with advancing responsibility.
- Inspirational leadership style and hands-on approach to helping team achieve business objectives.
- Self-starter with ability to plan and lead projects from concept to launch with little supervision.
- Creativity, flexibility, and initiative to manage high volume and a wide range of brand management needs, requests, and opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to formulate compelling communications across a variety of platforms.
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills with a passion for developing and nurturing strong cross-functional relationships in a highly collaborative environment.
- Understanding of brand analytics and health metrics.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job. You should be able to work on-site in the Alexandria, VA location; relocation assistance is not offered.
We have established a salary range of $130,000 to $140,000 for this position. Specific pay is determined by your experience. Highly recommend applicants include salary requirements.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call (703) 783-7860 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.
Required degree level
Years of experience
- 5 - 10 years of experience
- $121,000 to $140,000 per year