Reports to: President and CEO
Supervises: Finance & Administration Associate
Exempt Status: Exempt
Summary of Position: Overseeing an annual budget of 2.3M, the DFA is responsible for the budget processes, financial analysis and reporting, forecasting, developing and overseeing of all financial systems, policies, procedures and internal controls of the organization, including the payroll and human resources function and the annual audit. The DFA works closely with the Development and Community Impact teams, providing operational and analytical support. This position supervises and is supported by a part-time Finance Associate.
The DFA provides direct, primary staff supports to the Finance, Audit, Human Resources and Investment Committees and also provides indirect, secondary support to the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 5 years accounting background with at least three years in supervisory position.
- Detailed working knowledge of general accounting principals and A.I.C.P.A. Standards. Broad knowledge of Human Services systems, including an understanding of social service policies, programs, United Way operations, and knowledge of community political, social, business and economic factors
- Familiarity with QuickBooks and donor database functionality
- Strong analytical, organization and time management skills.
Please send cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE