Do You Want To Make A Difference?
United Way of Palm Beach County has a great opportunity for an experienced Director of Finance looking to make a difference in the lives of individuals and families in Palm Beach County. We are a high performing organization offering competitive compensation and a fantastic benefits package. We take great pride in becoming an employer of choice!
Position requires an Accounting Degree, 5 years of progressive accounting/financial management experience with MIP experience and nonprofit experience strongly preferred. Must possess excellent analytical, supervisory and communication skills, proficiency in Excel and enjoy being part of a team that makes an impact.
Interested? Email a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 24th, 2017 and reference code 2UW2017 on cover letter. EOE
The Director of Finance oversees company general ledger, produces financial reports for all internal and external financial statement users and supervises the day to day operations of the financial reporting, accounts receivable and accounts payable area for the organization. Manages budget oversight and actual expenses for the operating fund and grant programs. This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Finance & Operations and is responsible for the Accounting Team.
- Supervise Controller and other Finance Department personnel providing guidance with procedures, coding, computer applications, and issue resolution necessary to maintain the integrity and accuracy of the accounting data
- Provide advice and counsel regarding financial issues and controls to the President and Senior Vice President of Finance & Operations
- Oversees company general ledger and budget management functions, (including preparation of the annual budget)
- Prepares monthly and annual financial statements for review, (including explanations for variance analysis)
- Maintain compliance with accounting standards, government regulations, and tax laws
- Develops procedures and systems for use in ensuring financial control and availability of data for analysis
- Analyze financial policies and procedures for the whole organization and, with the consent of Senior management, implements needed improvements
- Attends organizational, departmental and committee meetings as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Vice President of Finance & Operations
- Ability to promote excellent performance in self and others Ability to solve problems independently, effectively, and creatively
- Demonstrates attention to details
- Ability to conduct research, study and synthesize data, and establish priorities, strategies, policies, and procedures
- Flexibility and ability to work on multiple high-priority projects
- Demonstrates outstanding accounting and financial management skills Education/Experience:
- Accounting degree required, CPA preferred
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- MIP experience a plus
- Minimum of five years of progressive financial management experience
- Minimum of five years of supervisory experience Computer literate and ability to learn accounting software and database
Ability to perform the above responsibilities