Job Title: Director of Event Project Management FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Brand Experience Core Hours: Mon – Fri; 8am-5pm
Reports to: VP of Brand Experience
Salary Range: $47,000-$51,000
Supports and helps to advance United Way of the Piedmont’s mission - connect, engage, and inspire people to transform our community. Plans, executes, and manages organizational events and special projects that enhance the brand experience of stakeholders and community members. Works to strategically align events with 2023-2026 Strategic Plan. This position will work within the Brand Experience (BE) Department to amplify brand awareness and generate revenue through expertly executed events and meaningful experiences.
ESENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Event & Project Management:
- Create and lead the long‐term strategy for event project management with an eye on continuous improvement to achieve tangible outcomes in both improved customer experiences and revenue generation, as well as efficiencies throughout the process.
- Work with BE team and other staff to create meaningful, brand-building, revenue-generating events for a variety of audiences including donors, volunteers, and community members.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget.
- Facilitate all phases of event/project planning and execution, including but not limited to planning, marketing/promotion, day-of coordination, data collection, volunteer management, event follow-up, and administrative processes.
- Convene key staff members on a project-based timeline for regular updates and task management.
- Coordinate logistical components of events including but not limited to venues, sponsors, volunteers, marketing, entertainment, production, equipment, and attendees.
- Work with third parties/vendors to ensure high ROI events and projects.
- Collaborate with other team members to develop revenue-generating strategies for events.
- Develop, manage, and track Event/Project budgets.
- Communicate relevant information to event volunteers and attendees to ensure they are confident in their roles and expectations. Includes creating detailed attendee instructions and mass communications.
- Represent United Way at events in a professional, informed manner and help connect brand dots to United Way’s work.
- Collect, input, and analyze event and attendee data in United Way CRM system.
- Utilize project management tool to create, manage, and communicate project timelines (Asana, Gantt charts, etc.)
- Document and improve event/project processes through continuous improvement model.
- Serve on cross-functional staff committees in support of the organization’s mission and goals and performs other duties as assigned.
- Partner closely with Brand Experience Team and other departments/teams to build a consistent brand experience across multiple touchpoints and audiences.
- Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work on occasional evenings and weekends.
- Understands how the role and responsibilities impact UWP’s ability to deliver on its mission
- Strives vigorously to accomplish shared goals
- Seeks to create a positive, meaningful experience for each donor, advocate, and volunteer
- Skilled Project Manager
- Effective and thoughtful decision maker with strong critical thinking abilities
- Ability to craft and execute detailed plans while remaining professional and strategic under pressure
- Effective Communicator
- Demonstrates ability to communicate clearly and concisely to diverse audiences, both verbally and in written format, to persuade or influence actions and points of view
- Exhibits effective interpersonal skills with ability to work independently or within a team
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to respond and resolve issues using creativity, resourcefulness, negotiation and diplomacy
- Listens actively, asking questions to understand and connect
- Is an effective spokesperson for United Way and its work
- Involves all necessary team members and resources to obtain a variety of perspectives and potential solutions
- Understands that events/projects require input from multiple departments and key functional areas
- Able to facilitate productive and effective meetings with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Values team members’ time and input
- Dedicated to creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad support of the organization’s strategic plan
- Encourages and supports new ideas and new ways of doing things
- Takes initiative to capitalize on emerging opportunities and new ways to meet constituent needs
- Sets high performance standards for self and others
- Brand Steward
- Exemplifies integrity, reliability, accountability, confidentiality and strong ethics to foster trust with co-workers, donors, community and across the UW network
- Acts with professional excellence and a positive attitude
- Understands role in growing and protecting the UW brand and reputation; respects and follows standards and safeguards that protect UWP’s integrity
- Ability and willingness to quickly adapt to ever-changing environments
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and sense of urgency with an emphasis on quality and accuracy of work
- Ability to prioritize and shift between tasks to meet deadlines in a timely manner despite interruptions
- Passion for improving processes and the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Familiarity and high comfort level with learning new software and technology systems.
- Experience with customer relationship management software preferred; ability to learn current customer relationship management software required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule with the possibility of some early morning and evenings. Flexibility of remote and in-person work.
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to transportation throughout the workday.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Marketing, Communications, Non-Profit Management, Hospitality/Event Management or related field
- Minimum of 3 years related experience in marketing, sales, volunteer management, event planning, or relationship management
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone. The employee is frequently required to reach, stoop or kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance and color vision due to computer work. May be required to lift, push, or pull up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. There is moderate noise associated with a business office including telephones, computer keyboards, printers, office traffic and visitors. The work environment requires the individual to have the ability to work in a confined space and sit at a computer terminal or in conference rooms.
United Way of the Piedmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Employer of National Service, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other Nation Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.