United Way of Salt Lake (UWSL) is changing the way organizations, communities, schools, governments, and individuals work to fix complex social problems. Together, we can help every child and family succeed in school and in life. UWSL’s workplace is fast-paced, friendly, adaptive, and grounded in our core values: relationships, continuous improvement, results, and an equity mindset. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefits package, generous paid time off, and flexible schedules. People with diverse backgrounds and abilities are encouraged to apply. Join us in changing the world and giving everyone in our community the opportunity to live their best life.
Applications will start being reviewed on August 15th.
The Director of Engagement and Operations (DEO) is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing effective and comprehensive stewardship, recognition, and mass solicitation strategies for United Way of Salt Lake. In addition, the DEO supervises the Resource Development Operations Manager (RDOM) and the Resource Development Specialist (RDS). Together, the Engagement and Operations team strives to improve data integrity, deliver reports and information that assist fundraising efforts, as well as ensure the timely and accurate processing of donations, receipting, and thanking of UWSL donors.
- Develop and implement a donor stewardship strategy with the goal of providing an excellent donor experience for those supporting United Way of Salt Lake.
- Identify mass engagement and solicitation opportunities to attract new donors, retain and upgrade current donors, and produce an increased net return.
- Develop, execute, and manage a comprehensive donor communication strategy that includes direct mail, email, personal outreach, etc.
- Establish mutually agreed-upon annual goals (monetarily and participation).
- Work with the Strategic Communication and Marketing team to develop direct mail, email, and other marketing materials to support our strategy.
- Manage budgets and vendor relationships to execute strategy.
- Develop UWSL Presence in the Community strategic plan.
- Work with the RDOM to develop a strategic plan and processes to keep data clean and enhance RD processes.
- Work collaboratively with RD leadership to review data projects and prioritize data needs, as well as understand and improve major processes and procedures.
- Project manage select RD projects to improve processes for qualification, communication, and execution.
- Build working relationships internally and externally.
- Maintains current knowledge of best practices in the areas of annual giving, stewardship, and fundraising data.
- Directly supervise the Resource Development Operations Manager and the efforts to provide operational and data support for the RD team.
- Directly support the Resource Development Specialist (RDS) and the efforts to timely and accurately process fundraising donations, receipting, and thanking of UWSL donors.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits. $65,000 – 80,000. Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Proactive, forward-thinking, and self-motivated.
- Take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with strong attention to detail.
- Strong writing and Excel skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., business, communications, nonprofit management, etc.)
- Master’s degree preferred
- Successful project management experience with proven ability to work independently
- 3+ years of experience in development or related field, annual giving experience preferred
- Experience in developing new projects or program plans
- Proficient in Microsoft and proven skill in Excel workbooks
- Experience with CRM software systems, preferably Salesforce
The employee regularly communicates with internal and external stakeholders and is required to communicate clearly, in oral and written formats and must be able to exchange accurate information. The employee must be able to transcribe, read extensively, prepare and analyze data and figures, operate a computer and other standard office machinery. The employee is required to work primarily from UWSL during core business hours.