Why United Way Suncoast?
At United Way Suncoast, important work is met with kindness and celebration, and challenges are met with brilliant collaboration. We are improving lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities around the world to advance the common good. We are looking for a Director, Early Learning & Community Partnerships to join our team of diverse changemakers.
Are you ready to showcase your skills and produce exceptional results?
The time to change the future for our children is now. This position is an opportunity to bring community members and leadership together around strategies that make it possible for children to thrive. Using your exceptional leadership and relationship building skills you will work with our team to create pathways and access to equity in educational opportunities for our children and families. The most qualified candidate is a forward thinker, relationship builder, listener and learner with a bias toward action.
Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Identifies and champions strategies and processes for furthering Community Impact work.
- Builds year-round relationships with human services and community leaders and resources to maximize United Way Suncoast’s presence, build community trust, leverage partnerships, identify potential/new partners, and meet United Way Suncoast’s Community Impact objectives.
- In collaboration with UWS team members, serves as a strategic community partner liaison providing leadership to UWS strategic community partners funded for Community Impact programs, including participation in the annual volunteer review investment process, conducting site visits, etc.
- Cross-functionally, develops and oversees measurement framework to ensure documentation of targets and regularly scheduled review of data measuring Community Impact program efficacy. Evaluates progress and determine if recalibration is necessary. Ensures that problems are addressed quickly, and appropriate measures are taken.
- Leads UWS Community Impact teammates to develop a framework for community engagement, detailed project plans, ensuring resource availability and allocation to deliver projects as planned.
- Develops and builds relationships that bring partners and stakeholders together to effect systems change. Maintains knowledge of current and evolving community needs and resources, as well as community impact trends. Ensures frequent and ongoing input from community.
- Works with others cross-functionally to develop a line-item budget and a multi-year Investment Plan for Community Impact Work. Provides oversight and monitoring for multiple program budgets.
- Provides oversight, guidance, and coaching to Community Impact team.
- Guides the collective impact process toward common agenda goals by convening partners and stakeholders; facilitating communication and collaboration to establish shared measurement and aligned activities; and tracking and reporting progress toward shared outcomes.
- Develops and implements strategies around effective Learning Communities. Convenes, consults, and gains consensus to ensure accountability for the work of multiple partners.
- Maintains a current understanding of and articulates United Way Suncoast’s Strategic Plan, impact and/or focus activities, and results. Participates in appropriate internal and external committees or task forces in support of United Way Suncoast’s Community Impact work.
- Communicates the vision and provides leadership and strategic direction for Community Impact volunteers.
- Ten years in a nonprofit environment or developing and facilitating community collaborations or partnerships. Volunteer management experience (including recruitment, training, supervision, and retention) is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Ability to work extensively in-the field within the Suncoast region.
- Knowledge of the Hillsborough/Pinellas area.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.