United Way of Palm Beach County is seeking a Director of Donor Services, responsible for supervision and oversight of pledge processing and payments, including the accounts receivable/donations to the organization, and all associated tasks related to the management of data in the Donor Relationship Management (DRM) database. In addition, the Director of Donor Services functions as a “Business Partner” to the Resource Development, Major Gifts, Finance, and Information Technology Departments in support of the mission, vision, and core values of the organization.
- Oversees the Donor Relationship Management (DRM) database which includes creation and maintenance of donor accounts, setting up various fundraising campaigns, events and appeals.
- Oversees the processing of pledges, payments, account adjustments; review and close daily transactions; perform monthly and year end reconciliations. Responsible for data quality assurance.
- Manages and resolves customer service inquiries from donors regarding pledges and payments.
- Manages transaction transmission to MIP accounting database. Responsible for GL mapping and interface.
- Collaborate with Resource Development and Major Gifts to develop the appropriate procedures for handling pledge processing in a manner that meets the resource development needs while satisfying accounting standards.
- Evaluates and streamlines key processes for continuous improvement, including analysis of support functions and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Promotes and monitors compliance with requirements and standards established by licensing agencies, regulatory agencies, and state or federal laws.
- Develop dashboard and prepare management and board performance reporting to include key performance indicators.
- Processes financial correspondence related to charitable giving, including invoices, acknowledgment letters, tax receipts, and stock donations.
- Assist with documentation for annual financial audit as needed.
- Proactively monitors expiring contracts for renewal or completion.
- Supervises pledge processing staff.
- Assist as assigned by management with the organization’s disaster response efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Solid understanding of core business functions
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication and people skills, with the ability to influence, resolve conflict and lead decision-making
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong analytical and communication skills including working directly with all levels of staff and donors to determine sound solutions for business requirements
- Strong understanding of organization’s strategic direction
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Leading and Managing Change
- Planning and Organizing
- Continuous Learning
- Resource Management
- Using Financial Information
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Information Service or the equivalent in experience required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in database management and administration.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent customer service/donor relationship skills required.
- Knowledge of sales and/or fundraising preferred.
- Strong knowledge of basic office computing, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required. Andar DRM database a plus.
With or without reasonable accommodation, employees in this position must be able to sit and type at a computer terminal for up to 8 hours per day with appropriate breaks and perform tasks that require fine dexterity and repetitive motions using the arms, hands, wrists and fingers.
United Way of Palm Beach County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.