United Way of Greater Houston’s work is centered on moving people to financial stability. Financial stability services with support from early childhood and youth development programs, health care programs, escape from violence programs and basic needs programs will help families in our community not only become financially stable, but also build stronger, more sustainable futures for themselves and their children.
Everyone has different goals, different needs, and different strengths, and helping families not only land on their feet but stay there requires a tailored approach and support at every stop. That is why our strategy includes navigators to coach families as they create their unique plans, a technology platform to streamline coordination and access to services, and the kind of foundational support that allows people to focus on the future.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director leads the creation and execution of strategies to optimize the experience of United Way of Greater Houston (UWGH) individual donors inside and outside of corporate campaigns. The incumbent will also design, prototype, test and refine opportunities for donors to engage in causes they care about most in the human services sector regardless of giving level. The incumbent will work closely with the team to create and execute strategies for the engagement of new and existing donors. Responsible for setting and achieving annual fundraising goals around donor acquisition, donor retention, donor growth, as well as engagement of donors in these segments.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Fundraising: Set goals for all donor segments (Affinity Groups and Other Corporate Relations that fall below the 100 top corporate campaigns, including new campaigns). Goals will include overall dollars raised, donor retention, donor acquisition and donor growth. Goals for membership will be set, and will include new members, overall member numbers and member retention. Design metrics to determine success within affinity groups and new campaigns. Will work closely with the Assistant Vice President to ensure coordination of fundraising efforts. Conducts a minimum number of individual donor calls each month.
- Strategy Development and Stewardship Planning: Responsible for creating and driving innovative strategies that will optimize donor experiences. This strategy will include investigating other Greater Houston area related groups, designing new opportunities and/or revitalizing existing efforts with outside voices and incorporating meaningful opportunities for community members to be inspired to be part of the United Way movement. Strategy may also include development of capital campaign implementation to ensure support for Second Century Vision. Execution of developed strategy is the responsibility of the incumbent with the team, as well as support from across the organization.
- Leadership: Provide supervision and clear direction for direct reports. Assure coordinated and clear individual and team goals are identified and monitored. Provide guidance and direction to team members while promoting individual thinking, innovation, excellence and development. Regular and meaningful updates with each team member is expected, including bi-weekly one on one meetings, effective team meetings driving strategy execution and goal attainment.
- Volunteer Management: Design and implement a volunteer leadership structure for all Affinity Groups that provide leadership and engagement opportunities for volunteers in an efficient and meaningful manner. Recruit volunteers to participate in UWGH activities assuring meaningful volunteer experiences. Inspire, motivate, optimize, empower to action, create guidelines and let volunteers achieve their goals. Identify opportunities for community collaboration. Develop and maintain regular contact with corporate and community partners, affinity group prospects and volunteers. Identify and communicate with appropriate UWGH team members regarding opportunities to leverage these relationships more broadly.
- Annual Goals: Achieve the annual fundraising, engagement, and donor call goals. Responsible for raising the annual goal revenue. Serve on cross functional teams as needed to further the mission of UWGH team to ensure that donor segment goals (Affinity Groups and Other Corporate Relations that fall below the 100 top corporate campaigns, including new campaigns) reflect, align and contribute to the broader goals of the organization.
Bachelors - Business Administration or related field
Hybrid Work Available (3 days in office/ 2 days remote)