Campaign Division Director - UWW 213 SE
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Vice President, Resource Development
COVER LETTER AND RESUME REQUIRED
To provide professional staff-leadership in developing, planning, implementing and evaluating accounts of United Way corporate partners and individuals with a focus on identifying growth opportunities as well as identifying new resource opportunities in order to enhance annual and long-term fundraising goals and promote United Way’s strategic mission, with a measured focus on personal donor connections.
Mobile Phone Reimbursement: YES
Responsibilities, in priority order:
- Prepares and executes year-round relationship plans for company accounts and individual investors with a focus on maximizing potential and growth.
- Develops and adapts plans for challenging companies.
- Focus on attracting and developing new partnerships.
- Heavy focus on individual donor engagement with expectations of meeting ambitious goals around personal contact with donors and prospects.
- Works closely with volunteers to leverage experience and connections to gain better access to company leadership and build stronger, more effective relationships.
- Prepares and executes an ongoing engagement plan for assigned individual donors.
- Cultivates major gift and planned giving prospects through ongoing engagement.
- Prepares and executes an individual campaign plan for all accounts assigned.
- Ensures the accuracy of data on all accounts and maintains strict confidentiality of personal account and financial information.
- Works as part of a team to develop and execute a year-round engagement plan for companies and individual investors.
- Establishes a rigorous individualized personal and professional development plan.
- Understands and supports United Way’s strategic direction in the community.
- Identifies and develops new opportunities for resources. (expansion in existing accounts as well as potential new companies/investors)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ATTRIBUTES: Strong entrepreneurial spirit, comfortable working in a changing environment, effective and persuasive communicator, treats others with respect and dignity, collaborative, focus on shared goals, strong attention to detail. Proactive with a high sense of urgency.
SKILLS: Persuasive customer oriented sales skills, effective oral and written communications skills; exceptional organizational skills; thorough analytical abilities; good interpersonal skills; strong supervisory and management skills; strategic thinker; strong computer skills in terms of utilizing word processing, spreadsheets and campaign application software.
PRIMARY RELATIONSHIPS: Maintains and builds solid relationships with our focus corporate partners and their employees. Works closely with volunteers to help build these relationships.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree
EXPERIENCE: Two to five years of experience in fund raising or other relevant business experience.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.