United Way of Greater Kansas City unites donors, volunteers, businesses, nonprofits and community leaders to help change the lives of those in need of making Kansas City and the surrounding area better…100 years and counting. Their focus is to provide or allocate social services focused on health, education and financial stability.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the SVP, Development, this position will build, manage and maintain the Annual Donor and Volunteer Engagement Plan ensuring all donor touchpoints are identified, scheduled and delivered on time and on budget. The incumbent will develop and manage the creation, coordination, and engagement of individuals and groups in one-time and ongoing Events and Volunteer Projects
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Increase Revenue, Brand Relevance and Donor Experience.
- Oversee all aspects of event planning and management, including internal and external events.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with vendors and venues understanding venue offerings.
- Plan event aspects, such as venue, seating, dining, entertainment and guest list.
- Manage and oversee events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, organizing vendors, and take-down.
- Administer UWGKC’s volunteer connection website and build support for its use by donors and corporate campaigns.
- Support UWGKC donor networks and corporate engagement through volunteer engagement opportunities as assigned.
- Build highly effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders of UWGKC, including leadership, peers, donors, agencies, community leaders, volunteers, grantees and others.
- Lead logistics, ordering, and delivering of all Impact Kit builds and develop plan to expand the program.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 4-6 years’ experience and demonstrated success in event planning and project management.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience planning virtual meetings and events, database management preferred.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite applications including advanced skills in Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and the ability to quickly learn new software as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work with executive levels in business, industry and government, foundation management, and other key community leaders.