The Director of Digital Strategy, Philanthropy Cloud is a newly created position that works under the direction of Senior Vice President of Marketing and Communications to provide digital strategy, including email strategy and development, content strategy and development, analytics, and more, for clients on United Way’s Philanthropy Cloud, our new online giving and engagement platform. The Director of Digital Strategy will effectively translate digital marketing solutions to our various clients, while aiding in the strategy development for increasing engagement on the platform.
The Director of Digital Strategy, Philanthropy Cloud will provide leadership, insight and strategy to the cross-functional Philanthropy Cloud team. The individual will serve as a main contact for internal Philanthropy Cloud team members charged with customer success as well as direct the work of the Digital Operation Specialist, Philanthropy Cloud to ensure high-quality user experiences.
The successful candidate will have the ability to take a project from vision through execution with minimal oversight and will:
• Create Philanthropy Cloud content strategy to deliver best-in-class content to donors. Work with marketing team to deliver content that may include:
o Blog-style posts
o Stories of people who have received services
o Stories of platform users
o Copy for fundraisers, company campaigns, nonprofits, etc.
• Create customized content strategy and development based on goals of clients. This may include:
o Editorial planning
o Content strategy
o Editing the work of others
o Assuring quality
o Seeking approval
• Create customized email strategy and development based on goals of organization and clients. This may include:
o Persona development
o Journey building
o Understanding and delivering on email goals
o Setting and achieving KPIs for email campaigns
o A/B testing
o Working closely with Digital Operations Specialist, Philanthropy Cloud (direct report) to deliver emails on time
• Use email and platform analytics to provide reports to customers, make improvements on content and content delivery, and make decisions about future strategies.
• Identify opportunities to build/enhance client’s digital experiences within Philanthropy Cloud
Other duties include:
• Work closely with national Philanthropy Cloud team (including United Way Worldwide) on content strategy, approvals, best practices and more
• Using Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, FormAssembly, WordPress and other online/technical tools to manage projects and deliver services
• Working closely with marketing team on several department-wide projects
• Contribute to the overall success of the United Way by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Create Philanthropy Cloud content strategy to deliver best-in-class content to donors.
• Ensure quality, error-free content delivered on time.
• Develop processes to efficiently and effectively provide customer service to clients.
KSA (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
Individual must have experience in planning, scheduling, maintaining, and continuously improving an editorial process.
This is a customer-facing position and the individual must have an orientation toward providing the highest level of customer service possible.
PASSION FOR EMERGING TRENDS AND TECHNOLOGY
Individual must be passionate about emerging trends and technology. Individual will have proven track record of digital engagement and early adoption.
Individual must have experience with successfully working on a cross-functional team. Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
Individual must understand how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement with prospects and new donors.
WRITING AND EDITING
Individual must possess superior writing and editing skills. Must be able to research and write an error-free piece in a short period to react to news/trends.
ABILITY TO MANAGE MULTIPLE PROJECTS
United Way is a fast-paced organization, and this position will have multiple duties to complete in a short time frame. Individual must be able to manage, track and perform multiple projects a day.
CREATIVE THINKING AND PROBLEM SOLVING
Individual must be willing to challenge the status quo, solve unstructured business challenges, and use creative thinking and problem solving skills to create compelling and thoughtful content that engages the audience.
OTHER DESIRED OR PREFERRED SKILLS:
• Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Proficiency in WordPress
• Ability to analyze data
• Eye for design
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, similar field strongly preferred.
A minimum of five years of experience in one or a combination of the following fields: journalism/communications, digital marketing, digital platforms, or social media.
While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to regularly use hands, frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Traditional office work environment
Outdoors work environment
Non-traditional work hours
Travel: Less than 20%, primarily to regional offices, as needed
Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation or access to reliable and available transportation