The Director, Digital Marketing & Communications leads the development and management of the digital channels and platforms (social media, websites, etc.) for United Way World wide’s (UWW) “Masterbrand” on local, national and global scales. This position combines strategic thought and planning, and tactical execution for digital marketing and communications initiatives. The candidate of choice will bring to the table the necessary leadership capabilities to mentor and coach his/her team, while building strong relationships across the organization- and network-wide.
The Director is responsible for the front-end operations of all public websites and social media; driving the creation of engaging and current content; optimizing website and social media channels for SEO and usability; and ensuring strategic alignment and brand compliance. He/she will also be responsible for leading the digital strategy for promoting UWW/national products such as MyFreeTaxes and MySmartMoney, cause marketing partnerships, and disaster relief efforts while managing and coordinating with vendors on these projects. This role will also liaise heavily with our Digital Services team, which supports digital platform operations and strategies for a number of local United Way subscribers, to ensure aligment in content and campaigns, as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will possess a strategic, problem-solving mentality, strong knowledge of the digital/online community and campaign organizing abilities with technical knowledge. A strong understanding of Web design and development best practices is also required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Develop, implement and manage a robust UWW digital marketing/communications enterprise in conjunction with the larger organizational communications strategy.
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop digital marketing strategies to support corporate partnerships, cause marketing campaigns and disaster recovery.
- Lead an on-going SEO effort for all United Way Worldwide sites, United Way presence on partner sites and social sites, content sharing, content tagging, and other tactics.
- Lead, mentor, coach, and develop a social media manager and Web developer, who manage the strategy for United Way Worldwide’s global presence in social media and websites (unitedway.org, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Using available Web/social tracking systems (Google Analytics, Sprout Social) monitor and report on online campaigns and activities to better refine messaging and inform engagement strategies.
- In partnership with UWW’s agency of record, the social media manager and Creative Studio, lead the ongoing evolution of the Digital Brand Guidelines as well as Social Media Guidelines for our network of local United Ways.
- Ensure brand alignment of website and social assets.
- Develop and manage the end-of-year digital fundraising for UWW.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and partners to drive efficient and effective execution of digital activities.
- Manage multiple projects and competing priorities in an organized project management based approach.
- Manage external vendor relationships an eye toward driving optimal performance.
- Serve as an enterprise-wide subject matter expert.
- Serve as the Marketing Liaison to the United Way Worldwide Digital Services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of progressive experience in digital marketing, website design, content management, and organizational leadership. Proven experience engaging and growing consumer interest via digital channels. Strong track record of managing global Web properties, external and internal. Expertise in Web optimization and Web analytics, marketing, communications, Web design, and creating multi-channel user journeys to acquire, activate, and retain supporters. Exceptional communications/interpersonal skills to clearly articulate ideas, frame challenges, highlight opportunities, and offer solutions. Excels in mentoring and coaching a team. Should be self-motivated, highly flexible, and a fast learner. Experience with Salesforce.com (CRM), Expression Engine (CMS), and BSD Tools preferred. Experience with paid digital media, including utilizing services such as AdWords, promoting YouTube videos, Facebook Ads & boosts, and sponsored Tweets to drive key outcomes and goals a plus. Familiarity with social monitoring and reporting platforms such as Track maven, Sprout Social and Meltwater or similar also a plus.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.