Director, Digital Engagement
By bringing people and organizations together to solve our region’s most pressing issues, United Way of Greater St. Louis is making our community a better place to live, work, and thrive. It’s more than a day job. It’s a mission. Come work with us!
The individual in the role of Director, Digital Engagement sets strategy and implements plans for United Way’s online communications and interactions. Through social media, email marketing, marketing automation, websites, online advertising and more, the Director of Digital Engagement creates year-round engagement opportunities with donors, volunteers, and community members. The Director is a key function of the Marketing and Communications Department and works across the organization to ensure a comprehensive approach to digital communications, working closely with other senior leaders on crisis management and communications.
The position will:
- Set digital engagement strategy for United Way of Greater St Louis’ main audiences
- Bring together strategic, creative, and technical skills to understand how digital capabilities can help us better tell the United Way story
- Create comprehensive email marketing plan, including e-newsletters and marketing automation, for more than 100,000 people and across several audiences
- Plan and implement online advertising to meet specific audience goals
- Maintain and drive continuous improvement of United Way’s web properties
- Measure, track, and analyze digital engagement across platforms; adjust strategy per data
- Daily monitor social media to engage audiences, including crisis communications
- Create and maintain online giving avenues
- Work across organization to manage and maintain email marketing database
- Supervise digital team
- Work with corporate partners to help them find and utilize the right digital tools to address challenges and meet their goals, as needed
If you possess a deep understanding of online tools and engagement strategies and superior communication skills, we would like to hear from you. Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field strongly preferred. Requires superior understanding of donor segmentation, messaging, calls to action and branding and an above average ability to develop strategy while managing details. Strong project manager with ability to manage multiple projects, ideas, and goals and the ability to use and maintain email marketing and marketing automation systems required, along with an ability to understand and write basic HTML code.
United Way of Greater St. Louis supports employees working from home or remote offices two days per week until further notice.
United Way of Greater St. Louis offers an extensive benefit program including generous time off, health, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, and a 403(b) plan.
To apply, please submit your resume and/or cover letter to Careers@stl.unitedway.org
Employment is contingent upon passing a screening for illegal drug use
United Way of Greater St. Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer