By bringing people and organizations together to solve our region’s most pressing issues, United Way of Greater St Louis is making our community a better place to live, work, and thrive. It’s more than a day job. It’s a mission. Come work with us.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Digital Engagement sets strategy and implements plans for United Way’s online communications and interactions. Through social media, email marketing, marketing automation, websites, online advertising and more, the Director of Digital Engagement creates year-round engagement opportunities with donors, volunteers, and community members.
The Director of Digital Engagement is a key function of the Marketing and Communications Department and works across the organization to ensure a comprehensive approach to digital communications. The Director of Digital Engagement works closely with the Chief Marketing Officer and the Director of Communications on crisis management and communications.
Additionally, the Director of Digital Engagement supervises the Digital Marketing Specialist – who is responsible for day-to-day digital functions, such as email marketing, website updates, social media, etc. – as well as the Content Specialist.
- Set digital engagement strategy for United Way’s main audiences
- Bring together strategic, creative, and technical skills to understand how digital capabilities can help us better tell the United Way story
- Create comprehensive email marketing plan, including e-newsletters and marketing automation, for more than 100,000 people and across several audiences
- Serve on national digital strategy team to provide insight on cross-market campaign strategy and employee engagement platform, and execute locally to meet local market needs
- Plan and implement online advertising to meet specific audience goals
- Maintain and drive continuous improvement of United Way’s web properties
- Measure, track, and analyze digital engagement across platforms; adjust strategy per data
- Daily monitor social media to engage audiences, including crisis communications
- Create and maintain online giving avenues
- Work across organization to manage and maintain email marketing database
- Supervise Digital Marketing Specialist and Content Specialist
- Work with corporate partners to help them find and utilize the right digital tools to address challenges and meet their goals, as needed
- Contributes to the overall success of United Way by performing other essential duties as requested
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Analytical and strategic with the ability to implement plans
- Deep understanding of online tools and engagement strategies
- Superior communications skills, particularly in writing abilities
- Superior understanding of donor segmentation, messaging, calls to action and branding
- Above average ability to develop strategy while managing details
- Strong project manager with ability to manage multiple projects, ideas, and goals
- Ability to use and maintain email marketing and marketing automation systems
- Ability to understand and write basic HTML code
- Ability and preference to work with a team
- Ability to work under pressure with short deadlines and communicate effectively in crisis situations
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field strongly preferred.
- Traditional office work environment
- Travel: Less than 20%, primarily to regional offices, as needed
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation or access to reliable and available transportation
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Employment is contingent upon passing a screening for illegal drug use.
To apply, please submit your resume and/or cover letter to Careers@stl.Unitedway.org.
The United Way of Greater St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer