Title: Director of Development and Marketing
Reports To: President and CEO
The Director of Development and Marketing is responsible for leading the annual giving, special events and development activities and marketing of the United Way Portage County (UWPC).
- Leads Annual Workplace Campaign
- Leads Leadership Giving Society
- Writes Grants
- Develops all Campaign Marketing plans, programs and projects
- Directs Special Event fund raising projects
- Directs Annual UWPC Celebration
- Leads Development Annual Campaign Plan that includes a comprehensive dollar goal and dollar goals for a variety of Campaign Divisions, including a budget and schedule, that are approved annually by the UWPC Campaign Committee and the Board of Trustees.
- Attends and Coordinates Board Campaign Committee including agenda, minutes and tasks
- Develops and implements Annual Campaign Marketing Plan
- Develops and markets a compelling and emotional Case for Giving
- Completes a minimum number of meetings with Donors* each month all designed to build better relationships with donors and bring donors closer to UWPC. Donor Relationship Management Plan guides this process.
- Directs weekly Social Media posts
- Schedule includes some early mornings, evenings and the occasional weekend.
- Bachelor degree in an applicable field or an equivalent level of work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of Resource Development experience and proven record of success producing philanthropic revenue.
- United Way experience preferred.
- Current valid driver’s license and ability to travel as needed.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with Constant Contact or similar software
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a Team environment
- Self-Motivated and strong ability to work independently
- Experience working with a Board of Trustees and Volunteers to complete projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with marketing software applications
- Achieves a minimum of 85% of Board approved campaign goal for assigned Divisions
- Achieves 20 visits and 40 phone calls and 20 emails to Donors* monthly (See Donor Relationship management Plan)
- Achieves at least 2 photos submitted to Record Courier per month
- Achieves Special Event Revenue targets for agreed upon events
ADHERES TO ORGANIZATIONAL POLICY & PROCEDURES
- Adheres to UWPC attendance & punctuality policy
- Demonstrates knowledge of and compliance with UWPC policy & procedures
- Promotes high standards of professional behavior
- Actively works to maintain a positive work environment, effective teamwork and positive representation to the donor public.
- Team Leader/Player who promotes a positive morale, strives to increase productivity and is goal oriented
*Donors includes Prospective donors, Current donors, Workplace Employee Campaign Managers (ECM), CEO calls and New Account development calls. (Employees attending work place campaign meetings are a separate category).
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.