Pocono Mountains United Way engages and mobilizes resources to improve lives through accelerated community change.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director is charged with developing a comprehensive strategy for
mobilizing resources to support the mission of the organization. The Director will be responsible for growing and strengthening relationships with a select group of organizations and employee market segments within those organizations. The position objectives are to maximize giving through a concerted effort to establish and grow meaningful relationships with company leadership, key influencers / stakeholders and priority donors in order to retain our current donor base and develop new business and new donor relationships. (S)he will be responsible for creating and executing the short- and long- term account plans for each organization to realize substantial revenue growth. This outward-facing role will require the candidate to be a leader who has the demonstrated ability to build strong, mutually beneficial relationships.
SALARY: $45,000 - $65,000 (based on experience)
Full-time. Core Hours of Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule with the possibility of some early morning, evening, and weekend work.
A resume and cover letter should be submitted to:
Michael Tukeva, Michael@PoconoUnitedWay.org
Corporate Account Management
- Direct responsibility for building strong, mutually beneficial relationships with key corporate partners and individual donors within an assigned account portfolio.
- Accountable for completing face-to-face meetings regularly with customers and prospects throughout assigned accounts in order to expand United Way’s influence within each organization
- Build relationships across functions/levels within companies including but not limited to executives, midlevel management, foundation, Human Resources, Marketing and Communications
- Expected to spend a minimum of 50% of time out of office meeting with corporate partners and individual donors
- In partnership with President/CEO, develop relationship with individual donors and a plan to steward and cultivate those relationships
- Serve as the year-round point of contact and strategic consultant for assigned portfolio of accounts and relationships
- Provide the “ideal experience” for active community investors by promptly handling inquiries, valuing donor gifts regardless of the size, and regularly communicating about PMUW investments and the community impact those investments are making.
Annual Account Planning
- In conjunction with the President/CEO, the Director of Development will create annual account plans and action steps needed to engage accounts on a year-round basis with United Way and to secure additional financial support for United Way.
- The Director will track revenue generation, retention, visits, and key business activity throughout the year, provide regular activity status, update projections to target, and conduct the appropriate account analysis to build and refine business goals.
- Gain market intelligence and develop corresponding strategies that lead to increased market and company penetration and improved forecasting accuracy
External Relationship Management
- Develop, motivate, and manage a key group of volunteers to assist in the accomplishment of resource development goals
- Develop a deeper connection within the community around traditional fundraising activities such as workplace campaigns and individual leadership giving
- In collaboration with the President/CEO and Vice President, Community Impact, create a cohort of Employee Campaign Coordinators to inspire a group of volunteer Campaign Coordinators to greater generosity of time, influence, and money. Connect Campaign Coordinators to the valuable role they play in creating Community Impact through successful workplace campaigns, year round communication, increased volunteerism, and advocacy
- Connect volunteers to the Community Impact work to increase financial support of United Way through workforce campaigns, individual contributors, and new business opportunities
Goals and Objectives
- Achieve annual revenue goals for account portfolio including specific metrics to be included in annual performance objectives
- Develop and execute a comprehensive plan to successfully deploy your time and United Way resources/volunteer time against revenue objectives
- Maintain accurate and detailed donor and account records in Donation Tracker in order to analyze the effectiveness of the plan against delivering objectives
- Organize relationship management and donor responsibilities efficiently and effectively
- Able to communicate effectively to develop, grow, and sustain productive Accountabilities: relationships. Knows how to capture and record relevant information and how to interpret and utilize the information to forge partnerships, collaborate, cultivate, grow, sustain, and strengthen internal and external relationships.
- Understands and motivates individuals and organizations
- Values diversity and inclusion
- Effectively communicates
- Treats others with respect and dignity
- Actively listens to and facilitates diverse input and contributions
Presents oneself in an appropriate and professional manner. Communicates, acts, reacts, and responds appropriately in all situations. Effectively utilizes interpersonal skills and political astuteness to: engage with, lead and function as a member of a team as appropriate. Is trustworthy and acts with integrity, authenticity, humility, and in good faith; respecting others' opinions, priorities, values, and interest. Seeks to continuously improve interpersonal and professional skills.
Understands and uses empathy, compassion, and active listening. Is fully present and aware of subtleties and nuances such as body language and voice tonality to better understand what is important to constituents and how to connect and engage them with UW. Able to influence, persuade, present, request, sell, negotiate, and close a deal as appropriate.
Utilize and Acquire Knowledge
Is forward-thinking, focused on what is possible, and seeks new tools and knowledge as needed. Is able to use technology when acquiring and utilizing knowledge, and is innovative and creative in its application. Seeks to continuously improve interpersonal and professional skills.
Achieve Results / Results-Driven
Is personally accountable for the results they achieve. Is able to adapt quickly to ever-changing environments. Is organized, able to plan, think strategically, and is creative, innovative, and appropriately persistent. Is able to make decisions and willing to take risks when appropriate to achieve results and meet goals.
- Has a searing focus on results and can effectively communicate goals and impact
- Advocates for support of education, income, and healthPromotes innovation/willing to take risks
- Develops relationships to drive resources and results
- Has the necessary organizational skills to deliver on business model
Demonstrates Social Responsibility and Stewardship
Has a passion for the common good and affection for the community. Believes in social responsibility and inspires others to be socially responsible. Demonstrates courage and humility when working toward improving life in the community.
1-5+ years of consultative sales experience in either for-profit or nonprofit entities; Bachelor’s Degree; or a comparable combination of education and experience.
- Focused sales/marketing experience with an applied emphasis on customer relationship building; significant applied consulting sales skills; demonstrated success with effective listening skills
- Effective oral and written communications skills with an ability to relate with a diverse group of individuals or organizations in an effective manner
- Effective public speaker
- Ability to think strategically with proven, strong ability to execute on plan;
- Ability to take initiative and be creative in thinking and solutions
- High-energy individual who takes initiative with a positive outlook who can manage ambiguity and change
- Demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of assigned accounts
- Demonstrated ability to persuade others and to close sales opportunities
- Commitment to excellence and to the mission of United Way
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 and Outlook required
- Proficient computer skills (familiarity with customer relationship management systems and electronic giving preferred)
- Must have valid driver’s license, automobile insurance, and a reliable vehicle.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
A resume and cover letter should be submitted to:
Michael Tukeva, Michael@PoconoUnitedWay.org
Pocono Mountains United Way is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or handicap.