Director of Development
UNITED WAY OF COLLIER AND THE KEYS JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Director of Development
Reports to: Vice President of Philanthropy
Location: Onsite - Naples, Florida
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Purpose of Position
United Way of Collier and the Keys (UWCK) mission is to advance the common good by investing in the building blocks of a good quality of life: education, income, health, and safety-net services.
The Director of Development will facilitate in this mission by engaging in employee campaigns, individual and major gifts, managing incoming and existing grants and contracts and maintaining the Raiser’s Edge database to accurately reflect the classification of Donations/Contributions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Oversee Individual, Employee, and Major Gift Campaigns
- Oversee Raiser’s Edge database and coordinate data and practices with Finance department
- Create and maintain data structure
- Create data entry standards/manual
- Perform data analysis and reporting for the Resource Development staff and committee
- Train Resource Development and Finance staff on Raiser’s Edge practices as needed
- Work with finance department to support necessary audit records
- Monitor daily/weekly gift entry
- Maintain/Revise Donor Acknowledgement Plan
- Maintain automated acknowledgement letter generation process in Raiser’s Edge
- Create new donor welcome kit, maintain/update same
- Execute acknowledgement process: stewarding small donors and alerting senior staff
- Track Return on Investment for fundraising activities
- Record campaign/appeal/event-specific expenses in Raiser’s Edge
- Perform donor research and maintain iWave profile database
- Staff Resource Development Committee
- Prepare materials for distribution/presentation
- Edit transcriptions of minutes
- Write applications and reports for private, corporate, and government grants
- Work with Community Impact team to ensure fidelity of grant applications to program goals and coordinate collection of data relevant to grant reporting
- Work with program and finance staff in tracking monthly expenditures related to grants/contracts; ensure expenditures are allowable and within grant/contract guidelines
- Investigate grant opportunities identified by senior staff and Community Impact team
- Maintain grants calendar and track grant proposals and performance in Raiser’s Edge
- Seek out new funding opportunities aligned with our mission and programs
- Prepare staff for site visits, meetings with funders, etc.
Job Requirements/Technical Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CFRE preferred
- Planned giving experience desired
- Related work experience at a United Way or Not for Profit
- Demonstrated experience with fund development, grants and/or contracts administration and management
- Proficient in Raiser’s Edge or similar Nonprofit CRM Software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel, Teams, etc.) as well as Zoom
Core Competencies and Experience
- Effective communicator over the phone, in person, and in writing
- Ability to speak effectively before groups
- Strong database skills and ability to compile and analyze data
- Experience establishing effective working relationships with coworkers and members of the community
- Understanding of finance and accounting
- Strong organizational and time management skills
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Must have reliable transportation, a valid Florida driver’s license, and a good driving record.
Physical Requirements The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to operate a variety of equipment such as a computer, telephone, headset, copy machine and fax machine. Sedentary work requires sitting for long periods of time but may require the ability to walk, stand, stoop and squat for various periods. Visual acuity and manual dexterity required for typing and computer use. Must be able to lift/move objects up to 25 lbs.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The United Way of Collier County and the Keys values diversity in the workplace and among our agencies and customers. We provide equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity or expression, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law. Furthermore, The United Way of Collier County and the Keys is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.