United Way of Greater Kansas City is seeking a Director, Data & Insights.
Mission: To improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of Greater Kansas City
United Way of Greater Kansas City serves the six-county metropolitan area of Kansas City, partners with 145 agencies and serves more than 25,000 donors. The organization’s mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of Greater Kansas City. Its focus is to improve the health, education and financial stability of every person in the community. United Way of Greater Kansas City’s partners include global, national and local businesses, nonprofits, government, civic and faith-based organizations, along with educators, labor leaders, health providers, senior citizens, students and more. For more information, please visit www.UnitedWayGKC.org.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead Data & Insights team and serve as key data, analytics and insight liaison to DEG, our marketing agency partner. Develop and implement business solutions for all data needs. Design and manage UWGKC databases and provide database solutions as needed. Manage multiple online giving (eCommerce) platforms, providing the tools for our corporate partners to conduct workplace campaigns. Manage relationships with software vendors and liaison with Upic as system administrator. Assist Marketing department with UWGKC communications. Provide ongoing support for both internal and external customers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Provide business solutions through software platforms as the need arises working as a strong partner both internally and externally.
- Manage all data systems including but not limited to: Andar, Community Connect, and Worldwide shared Salesforce database, to provide the organization with stable and reliable tools in order to conduct business.
- Experience and proficiency with partner relationship management given partnerships with workplace giving companies, DEG, Upic, et al.
- Provide key partnership interface for our corporate partners to plan, configure and implement yearly workplace campaigns. Ability to provide new solutions on demand as the customer needs change from year to year.
- Provide extensive customer support for our larger corporate partners during the campaign season.
- Design and update online giving platforms to reflect UWGKC current branding, strategy and vision each year.
- Provide support and assist in management and measurement of email marketing campaigns.
- Manage external vendors to troubleshoot and maintain marketing and resource development software used by the organization.
- Ongoing tasks in conjunction with Upic to create new users, groups and administrative permissions for UWGKC.
Process Improvement: Proactively contribute to the ongoing creation and development of departmental processes and policies.
Relationship: Be knowledgeable about UWGKC’s work and be an effective and compelling communicator of the same to advance engagement and brand value.
Annual Goals: Work with other members of the UWGKC team to ensure goals reflect, align with and contribute to the broader goals of the organization.
Flexibility: UWGKC is evolving with our changing external environment. Flexibility is a key attribute for this position. A willingness to take on additional duties to ensure the success of the team is essential.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least 7 years of work-related experience with relational databases. Experience with marketing technology, eCommerce and analytics partner management.
- Solid understanding of SQL servers, maintenance and backup routines.
- Solid understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting software applications.
- Versed in marketing technology solutions.
- Possess a set of skills including, but not limited to conflict resolution, change management, process improvement, innovation and release management.
- Have strong communication skills working with external and internal customers collaboratively discussing prioritization, timelines, and capabilities.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES
- Catalyst: A change agent who actively convenes partnerships with others who offer diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives to drive community transformation and foster mission goals.
- Achievement: Driven to make a difference – actively sets challenging stretch goals – passionately and purposely aims to achieve them; demonstrating adaptability and perseverance.
- Responsive: Can be counted on to do what he or she says will be done. Models a consultative engagement approach in all interactions developing relationships both internally and externally, brings the “right” stakeholders into decisions and actions; and resolves conflicts respectfully.
- Excellence: Invests in continuously learning, generously shares knowledge and strives to do the right thing in all endeavors to positively reflect the UWGKC brand and mission.
- Solutions: Exhibits fierce resolve to understand root issues that impact achievement of results. Collaborates to devise creative, innovative solutions to optimize outcomes for those we serve.